Chief Master Sergeant William Candy is a member of the United States Air Force's Combat Control career field, a special operations career tasked with Air Traffic Control duties in austere and non-permissive environments as well as Close Air Support for other SOF teams.
Sgt. Candy was selected by Cyber Research Systems as the physical model for the artificial skin of the Model 101 for the Terminators. Candy's jovial Southern voice, however, was replaced by Sherwood Olson, the assistant of Thomas Shelby.
- The red beret worn by Candy identifies him as a member of the United States Air Force Combat Control Team.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- William Candy, as the physical model of Model 101, is portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger but dubbed by an unknown actor who used a Southern accent for the character.
- In a bit of humorous back-fill, Sherwood Olson stated that Candy's voice can be "fixed" and he was dubbed by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- The "Sgt. Candy scene" is not present in the final cut of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but it does appear as a bonus feature on the DVD as well as an unlockable bonus cinematic on the Terminator 3: The Redemption videogame. The scene is also featured in the novelization of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
- In the Making of the Video Game from the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines DVD, it is implied that this scene was filmed to be used as a cut scene, and not actually intended to be used in the theatrical release.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (cut content)
- Voiceover: CRS, Cyber Research Systems, presents a preview of our upcoming product line. Say hello to the soldier of tomorrow; the T1 Battlefield Robot, a fully autonomous Ground Offensive System; and in the air, the Hunter Killer Aerial Weapons Platform. This isn't science fiction, it's realty thanks to our top secret innovation — Skynet — the revolutionary artificially intelligent Battlefield Management Network. From intercontinental missiles to the individual soldier in the field, Skynet is able to control them all.
- General Brewster: Sorry I'm late, gentlemen.
- Thomas Shelby: We just got started Bob, take a seat.
- General Brewster: It's ok, proceed.
- Voiceover: Great leaders aren't born they're made, right here with the technology developed at CRS. With the advent of exiting new technology, the loss of even one soldier in combat is intolerable.
- General Brewster: You do know the patents were obtained from a private vendor, Cyberdyne?
- Thomas Shelby: Cyberdyne!? That's ancient history!
- Voiceover: Using designs generated by Skynet, we need no longer risk the well being of our men and women in uniform. Robots will take their place on the front line.
- CMSgt. Candy: (with a thick Texan accent) Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant William Candy! I was honored to be selected by CRS in the ongoing effort to save American lives.
- Thomas Shelby: I don't know about that accent.
- Sherwood Olson: (Schwarzenegger's voice) We can fix it.
- CMSgt. Candy: It is now within our power to make war safe, and that, is truly priceless. CRS brings you the face of the future. Ooo, it's me!
- Dieter von Rossbach - another character whose appearance is used for the Model 101 in the T2 Trilogy timeline.