Before a Time Sphere appears, a small electrical storm will come first. Then, the sphere would burn and/or melt anything around it. The possible reason for the time displacement taking this specific shape is that due to the time machine sometimes having a spinning crescent mechanism that accelerates movement created a spherical pattern that echoes through time and takes the form of a large sphere of energy. When it fades away, its traveler(s) will appear naked, in a crouched position or lying down.
Time Sphere has different versions in various timeline possibly due to utilization of different technologies to the Time Displacement Equipment from the original timeline. In Rise of the Machines timeline, the object sent through the Continuum Transporter will arrive in a Time Sphere appears as a metallic bubble with a grid structure underneath. Upon arriving, its temperature is so high that soil can be vitrified. While in Dark Fate timeline, before a Time Sphere appears, its surrounding environment will be frozen.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In The Terminator, the Time Sphere that carried the T-800 did not cause much damage to the ground. However, in Terminator Genisys, the same Time Sphere created a "crater" or "pot hole" when the T-800 arrived.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day marks the first on-screen appearance of the Time Sphere.
- In T2 3-D: Battle Across Time, instead of a Time Sphere, a Time Portal showed up instead.
- Since the Time Sphere can burn or melt anything around it, it is shown to kill people or even make a human explode, or be ripped apart in various Terminator comics.
- The Time Sphere is used as one of the Dark Fate Terminator's Fatalities.
- The Time Sphere is Dark Fate Terminator's Support Kard in Mortal Kombat Mobile.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Time travel arriving without Time Sphere
References[edit | edit source]