The War Against the Machines is the future war that takes place after Judgment Day. It involves the human Resistance led by John Connor against the Terminators made by Skynet. It is sometimes referred to as the War between Man and Machines, the War of the Machines, the Future War, Terminator War, or simply the War. The war has changed throughout the timelines due to alternations to history mostly caused by time travel. However, in all timelines, a human victory is the presumed ultimate outcome.
Future War in various TimelinesEdit
- See also: Timeline
- Main article: The War Against the Machines (Original Timeline)
This is the Future War in the original timeline. It was depicted in futures scenes in The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. There are several sub-versions of the Future War in the original timeline:
- Cybernetic Dawn timeline
- T2 Saga timeline
- Jade's World timeline
- Rise of the Machines timeline
- The Sarah Conor Chronicles timeline
- The version of the War in the Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline. It was depicted in future scenes in various episodes of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
- The version of the War in the Terminator Salvation timeline. It was depicted in Terminator Salvation after the Pre-Judgment Day Missions.
- ↑ Scene 4, 215 in the script of the motion picture Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- ↑ At least in Jade's World, the Resistance is lead by people other than John Connor.
- ↑ Voice over by John Connor, at the beginning of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
- ↑ Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle issue 12
- ↑ Scene 30E, 89A, A123, 215 of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day script