"More deadly than any man alive."
The time is now...but he comes from the Year of Darkness, 2029. He was created to reshape the future by destroying the present. He feels no pity, no pain, no fear. He feels nothing. He is an unstoppable killing machine programmed for murder. He is...
A mission of hate and destruction from the dark future. An innocent woman caught between forces beyond her control. A man in pursuit of justice across the boundaries of time itself. And a cold, cruel, inhuman creation they call... the Terminator.
- Main article: The Terminator (film)
- Ed Traxler
- Sergeant Hal Vukovich
- Benjamin Schantz (Derelict in Alley)
- Sergeant Michael Nydefer (Cop in Alley)
- Lewis, Nydefer's partner
- Nick Delaney (Policeman 1-L-19)
- Ginger Ventura
- Matt Buchanan
- Pugsly Jr.
- Stan Morsky, a man Sarah had a date planned with.
- Charlie, Sarah Connor's boyfriend in junior high.
- Rich Welker, a short fling of Sarah's from high school.
- Professor Miller, who taught Sarah's Linguistics class in college.
- Rod Smith, a guy in Sarah's psychology class.
- Nancy Dizon
- Chuck Breen, Sarah's manager at Big Jeff's
- Del Ray Goines (Garbage man)
- Johnny "Kotex"
- Mark Warfield
- Rob Garrett (Pawnshop clerk)
- Carlyle Leidle - Warence
- Sarah Anne Connor (Wrong Sarah Connor as shown in the film)
- Sarah Helene Connor (Another wrong Sarah Connor)
- Mike, the seven-year-old boy playing outside Sarah Anne Connor's house.
- Linda, the nine-year-old girl playing outside Sarah Anne Connor's house.
- The book was initially released in limited numbers, in decent condition the novel currently fetches approximately $25.
- The first 16 pages extend the scenes involving the garbage man and the three punks.
- Further detail is provided on the Terminator's preparations for its mission, including visiting a hardware store and killing its owner to secure tools, additional clothing such as the glasses and leather coat worn during the assault on the police station, and money it uses to rent a room at the Panama Hotel to act as its base of operations, giving it a safe haven to modify and prep its weapons, perform repairs from damage and to review its resources.
- The book states that Sarah is 19 years old, which was only mentioned elsewhere in the original script for The Terminator.
- The novel makes use of the film script's unused concept of Sarah having a metal pin in her leg, with the Terminator mutilating its victims in order to find this identifying pin and confirm the termination of the correct Sarah Connor. Where the original script attributed it to a skating injury, the Frakes novel alters the origin of the pin so that Sarah receives it as the result of shrapnel damage from destroying the Terminator, further cementing the predestination paradox of the first film.
Differences between the film and novel
- Ginger has the job of an aerobics instructor, though there is no mention of her occupation in the film.
- In the novel, the Terminator says to the motel janitor, "Fuck you, asshole," and the latter replies, "Fuck you too, pal," but in the movie, he does not respond.
- The Series 700 Terminator is mentioned.
|Spectra / Bantam||North America||Paperback||October 1, 1985||0-553-25317-4|
|Sphere Books||UK||Paperback||October 17, 1991||0-74741195-6|
- The Terminator - Terminator Episode Studies
- Book Reviews | Terminator Novelizations x2 - YouTube
- Terminator, The at Amazon.com