The Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline follows Terminator 2: Judgment Day timeline and leads to the events in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It is created by the destruction of the Cyberdyne Building. Note there are at least three known future timelines as shown in the series:
- Alternate Original timeline, the Future where Derek Reese comes from, which is created due to the destruction of the Cyberdyne Building
- The Second Future timeline, where Jesse Flores and Charles Fischer (and possibly Cameron and the T-1001) come from, which is created due to the death of Andrew Goode.
- The Alternate Future, which is created as John Connor travelled forward to the post-Judgment Day 2020s with the T-1001 from 2029.
- John Connor led the Tech-Com win the war, and shutdown Skynet. However, before its destruction, Skynet sent a Terminator back to 1983 to kill Sarah Connor.
- Later, John found that Skynet sent another Terminator, a T-1000, to 1994 to kill his younger self. He then reprogrammed a T-800 and send it to 1997 to protect his younger self.
The Terminator / Terminator 2: Judgment Day timelineEdit
- Main article: The Terminator / Terminator 2: Judgment Day timeline
- The T-800 arrived from the future to kill Sarah Connor. Its mission failed as Kyle Reese intervened and rescued Sarah successfully, but he was killed. Before his death, Kyle impregnated Sarah, who later gave birth to John Connor in 1985.
- John Connor was born on 14 November.
- Derek Reese was born.
- June 8: Sarah Connor signed away her legal rights as John Connor's parent, which was recorded (and later viewed by John in 2007). She then attempted her escape, which is the same date that John and the T-800 came to get her.
- The T-1000 arrived from the future to kill John Connor. Its mission failed as the T-800 was sent back by the Resistance to protect young John Connor.
- Sarah, John, and T-800 destroyed Cyberdyne building in order to prevent the creation of Skynet. The mission is successful and the Judgment Day in 1997 was averted.
Alternate Original timelineEdit
- Previous timeline: Terminator 2: Judgment Day timeline timeline
- For a brief period of time, John and Sarah Connor stay in the unincorporated community of Garberville in Humboldt County, CA.
- The Connors had settled down, believing they had averted Judgment Day. Meanwhile, Sarah remained on the FBI's most wanted list for having allegedly killed Miles Dyson; Agent James Ellison was in charge of her case.
- Sarah met Charley Dixon during February.
- On 24 August, Sarah and John left Charley shortly after becoming engaged.
- On July 22, Allison Young had her last Pre-Judgment Day birthday with her family at Griffith Park when she was two years old.
- On 31 December, Mark Wyman, the California Governor, made a New Year's Eve keynote speech at Pico Plaza.
- Skynet went online on 19 April.
- Skynet initiate Judgment Day on 21 April.
- The Reese Brothers witnessed the launch of U.S. missiles while playing ball in their yard. Derek took Kyle underground for safety before the counterstrike.
- Unknown point
- Kyle Reese was separated from Derek Reese in the cold-war tunnel system underneath Los Angeles and captured by the machines near City Hall.
- Battle of Kansas Bunker
- Resistance fighter Allison Young was captured, interrogated, and killed by the T-900 Terminator, which would become Cameron.
- On 8 December, Battle of Avila Beach occurred. Humans regained control of Serrano Point from Skynet control.[Episode needed]
- Derek Reese, Sayles, Billy Wisher and others were captured while tracking "a Centaur patrol". They were imprisoned with other humans in a house guarded by T-600 Terminators and subjected to unknown psychological torture/testing. 
- Billy revealed his true identity as Andy Goode, as well as the part he played in the creation of Skynet.
- T-900 Cameron attempted to infiltrate John Connor's base camp but it was discovered, captured, and reprogrammed.
- Kyle Reese was sent back to 1983.
- Derek and company were unceremoniously released/abandoned by their captors without explanation.
- Derek Reese met reprogrammed Terminator Cameron and witnessed a Terminator go "rogue".
- Jesse Flores met Derek Reese at Eagle Rock Bunker, they found Sydney Fields and brought her back to the Serrano Point base camp where Lauren Fields was working.
- Derek Reese met John Connor. Later, Derek was sent back to 2007 along with Sayles, Timms, and Sumner.
- The "Engineer" was sent back to 1963 or sometimes before the year to presumably facilitate Cameron's mission in 1999.
- Cameron was sent back to 1999 to protect the Connors.
- Resistance fighter Wells was sent back to 2008 with information for Sarah.
- 2027 (Second Future Timeline)
- On 13 September, USS Jimmy Carter, a submarine operated by the Resistance and Captained by T-888 Queeg with Jesse Flores, was sent deep into a Skynet-controlled zone, where it evaded a Kraken and later docked at a Deep Sea Oil Platform near Indonesia. The crew recovered a package from a T-600 Iinfiltrator and two T-888 Endoskeletons. Later, Jesse lost Derek's child. On return to base, she was debriefed by Cameron and learned question to the answer "No".
- Jesse Flores and Riley Dawson went "AWOL", but in fact travelled back to 2007.
The Sarah Chronicles timelineEdit
- Myron Stark murdered the primary opposition to its acquisition of the property at Pico Plaza, clearing the way for it to ensure construction of the tower where it will attempt to terminate Mark Wyman, the Governor of California, in 2010.
- The Security Trust of Los Angeles was opened on 7 March. One of the members of the construction team was the "Engineer".
1999 to 2006Edit
- Cameron arrived on 29 June, from 2027, to protect John Connor.
- On 6 September, John started school in Red Valley, New Mexico, where he met Cameron, who was posing as a classmate.
- On 7 September, Cromartie impersonated a substitute teacher to infiltrate the school where John attended. During a class, Cromartie opened fire at John, who was protected by Cameron.
- On 8 September, John, Sarah, and Cameron drove to Terissa Dyson to seek her help; they got to her house sometime past midnight.
- On 9 September, John, Sarah, and Cameron used Time Displacement Equipment in a bank vault to jump to the year 2007. Cromartie's head followed.
- Between 1999 to 2006
- During this period, the Connors were believed to be dead, killed in the explosion that levelled the bank as they time-jumped to 2007.
- Charley Dixon moved to Los Angeles and later became a hero for his paramedics work. He became married with Michelle.
- Enrique Salceda became an informer for the FBI as a deal to gain a pardon.
- Agent James Ellison became a respected detective.
- Kyle Reese was born in 2002.
- Around 2006, Catherine and Lachlan Weaver died in a helicopter crash. The T-1001 took Catherine's identity.
- See also: 2007
- Derek Reese, Sayles, Timms, and Sumner arrived 2007 from the year 2027.
- Derek operated on his own agenda and intended to prevent the creation of Skynet by murdering Andy Goode and other persons identified as critical to the creation of Skynet.
- 9 September
- Sarah Connor, John Connor, and Cameron arrived in 2007 from 1999 and decided to stop Skynet once and for all.
- Cromartie, whose head also travelled through time, rebuilt itself and continued on his mission to find and terminate John Connor.
- Agent Ellison followed up on the deaths, which unknown to him were linked to Terminators.
- 25 October
- After arriving from the future, Derek Reese assassinated Andrew Goode, creator of the "Turk", a chess playing program destined to evolve into Skynet in the Alternate Original timeline. Later, Derek joined forces with the Connors and Cameron.
- 14 November
- Derek Reese took John Connor to the park for his 16th birthday, where they witnessed a 5-year-old Kyle Reese and his younger self playing ball. Derek revealed that he knew John's parentage. 
- Cameron was damaged in a car bomb and Margos Sarkissian attacked Sarah and John. Cameron went rogue and attempted to terminate John.
- John Connor killed Margos Sarkissian while defending his mother, Sarah Connor.
- 15 to 17 November
- John Connor met Riley Dawson for the first time at school during the school term.
- Wells, an injured Resistance fighter travelled time to tell the team to "stop Greenway", and leaves a message in his own blood on a wall.
- On 18 November
- Michelle Dixon was buried.
- Events with unspecific dates
- Cameron calls Allison Young's mother, Mrs. Claire Young, who is very pregnant presumably with Allison.
- Events of "Goodbye to All That"
- Events of "The Tower Is Tall But the Fall Is Short"
- Events of "Brothers of Nablus" 
- John and Riley took a trip to Mexico, which tipped off James Ellison and Cromartie.
- Sarah and Cameron helped the Fields family.
- See also: 2008
- Derek Reese helped the Fields family while Sarah Connor hunted the Terminator after the family. 
- Alan Park was murdered.
- Riley attempted suicide.
- Sarah was shot.
- Weaver destroyed the Desert Canyon Heat and Air warehouse.
- Memorial for the victims of the Desert Canyon Heat and Air warehouse explosion.
- Anniversary of Lachlan Weaver's death.
- The group witnesses one of the drones Sarah's been searching for.
- Sarah investigated Western Iron & Metal and was caught. She had intense nightmares, confusing dreams and reality.
- Sarah decided to move.
- Savannah Weaver met John Henry.
- John Connor figured out what really happened to Riley.
- The team moved.
- Sarah went on medical examination for a lump on her breast.
- John Henry was compromised.
- The team was attacked under the direction of the same entity that compromised John Henry.
- Charley Dixon died trying to save John Connor during attack by the Grays.
- The team saved Savannah from an attack from an Terminator. However, Derek Reese was killed by the Terminator.
- Sarah Connor was arrested.
- John Connor and Cameron broke Sarah Connor out of prison, resulting in significant damage to Cameron
- The Kaliba Group drone makes a suicidal attack on the Zeira Corporation building.
- Cameron gave her chip to John Henry, who jumpped into the future.
- John Connor and Catherine Weaver went after John Henry and Cameron, leaving Sarah Connor and James Ellison behind.
- On 31 December, California Governor Mark Wyman made a New Year's Eve keynote speech at Pico Plaza.
- Unknown date
- Judgment Day happened.
- Sarah Connor was originally fated to die of cancer in 2005, six years after 1999. If she is not able to avoid this fate, she can expect to die six years after 2007 (presuming, of course, other events such as Judgment Day itself do not alter this scenario).
- Circa 2027
- Kyle Reese in The Terminator reveals to Sarah that he came from the year 2029. However, as shown in Derek Reese's flash forward/flash in "Dungeons & Dragons", it is revealed that Kyle was sent back in the year 2027, two years before what the movie The Terminator states. The differences in the dates may be explained a few different ways: Either the timeline was altered due to the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day and/or "Pilot", or the writers of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles failed to take into account the two years that Kyle spent in Recon/Security directly under Connor (2027-2029), after his tenure with Justin Perry (2021-2027).
- Events in "What He Beheld" establish a different birth date for Kyle Reese from that established in T1 as 2008. As shown in Derek's flash-forward to the SCC Judgment Day placing him at age 8, and stating in the SCC "present" he is age 5, the revised birth date must be in 2002.
- The film T1 clearly takes place in 1984, with John's birth happening sometime later that year or in early 1985 (February 1985 is the birth date given in T2). Dates given in "Automatic for the People" show that John would have been 16 on November 14, 1999, making his date of birth November 14, 1983, moving The Terminator back to taking place in the Winter/Spring of 1983.
- TSCC states that John is 15-year-old during the start of the series. Since it starts in 1999 (before they leap to 2007), John would have to have been about 13-year-old (going on 14) during the events of T2. This actually worked with opening monologue of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, which states that John was 13-year-old during that period. Both of which go against the 1985 birth date as seen on screen in T2, making him a rather foul mouthed 9 or 10 years old.
- Dialog in the TSCC pilot episode (1999, John said that "it's been almost two years") and in "The Turk" (2007 being the 10th anniversary of Miles Dyson's death) make the event of T2 occur in 1997.
- Derek Reese is Kyle Reese's brother in TSCC timeline. However, Derek does not appear in the films, nor other Terminator fiction.
|Timelines & Theories|