Terminator 3: War of the Machines is a first-person shooter video game released in 2003 (following Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines). It was made by Clever's Games and distributed by Atari. The game is set in 2029, when Skynet and Tech-Com forces are battling for the world.
- Infiltrator: Or T-900, these are Skynet operatives disguised as humans, having glowing red eyes, and a Tech-Com style uniform. These infiltrators can drive human vehicles and can use an FLK Cannon, LSA Machine Gun, and an RSB-80 Plasma Cannon.
- T-900 Supply: These Terminators have red sensors and Terminator rejuvenation kits. During battle, they can supply ammunition to the other terminators.
- T-900 Heavy: These are very much like the T-900 supply, in build. They have blue sensors and can have an RSB-80 Plasma Cannon, or a Term cannon. They can also notify HK planes to bombard a human base or convoy.
- FK: Or Flyer Killer, these terminators have twin plasma cannons, three rockets under each wing, and two under the nose. They are used to fly in and raid human camps, and to survey behind enemy lines. They cannot capture bases.
- HK Plane: These huge flying robots use heavy plasma cannons to bombard human bases below them. They are downed by 7-10 rockets.
- T-1: These are a basic build, having twin FLK Cannons on each "arm." These robots use tracks similar to tanks. They are easily destroyed by two rockets fired at them.
- HK Tank
- Hunter: These hunters carry light artillery, like assault rifles, or an ACW machine gun. Also, an EMP or regular grenade.
- Heavyhunter: These soldiers carry a rocket launcher, plasma cannon, or FLK. They also carry three grenades.
- Scout: The scouts, or snipers, are used to pick off terminators with a sniper rifle or scoped rifle. They also carry a couple of proximity bombs and three grenades, either regular or electromagnetic pulse.
- Supply: These soldiers supply medical, and ammunition needs to the other soldiers. They carry a few plastic explosives, a medical kit, an ammo kit, a .50 caliber hand pistol, and a plasma rifle or machine gun.
- Terminator: A T-850 becomes available when a player reaches the highest score amongst other players of the same Tech-Com side during a battle.
The game received very little support from either Atari or Clevers. There was not one dedicated online server set up, and many people who purchased the game were notified that their CD-KEY was invalid when they tried to join or host a multiplayer game.
Many people considered the full retail version of the game to be a mere 'beta' of what it should have been, and it became evident that its release was rushed to coincide with that of the Terminator 3 DVD. Moreover, more attention had been paid to the Tech-Com side rather than Skynet. This caused many of the online games to be unfair, and the vast majority of the players joined the Tech-Com side, outnumbering Skynet.
- Terminator 3: La Guerre des Machines (France)
- Terminator 3: Krieg der Maschinen (Germany)
- Terminator 3: De Oorlog van de Machines (Netherlands)
- Terminator 3: Bunt Maszyn (Poland)
- O Exterminador do Futuro 3 (Brazil)
- Терминатор 3: Война машин (Russia)