The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
Two Terminators, humanoid fighting machines, are sent back in time from 2029 to the present to affect the course of history and determine the outcome of a future war between man and machine.
- Main article: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (film)
- The first future scene takes place on Wednesday, July 11, 2029.
- The epilogue takes place on Sunday, July 11, 2029. Note that July 11, 2029 falls on a Wednesday, not a Sunday. This is also an internal conflict with the first future scene date.
- The novel opens on Thursday, July 19, 1984 and states that it is 126 days following the events of The Terminator. This would place the events of The Terminator around March 15, 1984. (Note that The Terminator takes place in May 1984.)
- The main events of the novel begin around Saturday, June 8, 1992, but this creates several inconsistencies. John would be seven years old, but he is stated to be ten years old. The events of The Terminator would be eight years earlier, but are stated to be ten years earlier. Note that the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day took place in 1995 when John is ten. Also note that June 8, 1992 was a Monday, not a Saturday.
Differences between the film and novelEdit
- In the novel, some backstory is given on the T-1000 and the T-800 utilizing the Time Displacement Equipment.
- There is an extended Future War sequence describing the defeat of Skynet by the human Resistance and how they entered a SkyNet lab, where they found the Time Displacement Equipment and how they were sending Kyle Reese though time and finding facilities of Terminators.
- There are machines, such as the HK-Silverfish, the HK-Centurion, and the Future Terminator, were originally going to be in the film but never shown due to the lack of time and budget.
- Miles Dyson's teenage years and propensity for science is mentioned in the novel.
- The epilogue for the novel is the alternate future that Judgment Day was averted, which is used as the alternative ending for the film.
|Bantam Spectra||North America||Paperback||July 1991||0-553-29169-6|
|Sphere||UK, Australia||Paperback||July 1991||0-7474-1032-1|
|Warner Books||Paperback||July 1994||0-7515-1412-8|
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day at Amazon.com
- Archive.org: Terminator 2 : Judgment day
- Goodreads: Bantam Spectra edition, Sphere edition, Warner Books edition.
- WorldCat: Bantam Spectra edition, Sphere edition, Warner Books edition.
- Hope Of The Future - Terminator 2 deleted scenes
Terminator film novelizations
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.