Terminator: Resistance is a video game based on James Cameron’s sci-fi Terminator series. The game was released in the EU and Australia on November 15, 2019 On November 14, the PC version was released in the United States through Steam, while other versions released on January 7, 2020. The Enhanced Edition released on April 30th, 2021 on the PS5. The Infiltrator Mode DLC is exclusive on the PS5, PC, and Steam versions.
- 1 Official description
- 2 Overview
- 3 Plot
- 4 Good "Best" Ending
- 5 Characters
- 6 Resistance Weaponry
- 7 Notes
- 8 Walkthroughs
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Official description[edit | edit source]
Official description from the website:
- Terminator: Resistance is an officially licensed, first-person shooter set during the "Future War" scenario that was only glimpsed at in the iconic films from James Cameron, The Terminator and T2: Judgment Day.
- This story takes place in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, nearly 30 years after Judgement Day, and stars a brand new hero in the Terminator universe, Jacob Rivers, a soldier in the Resistance led by John Connor. Despite the fact that Jacob is just a lowly private, he’ll soon discover that he’s been specifically targeted by the latest threat from Skynet and marked for termination!
- Skynet may be destined to lose the war, but at what cost to Jacob? Experience the events leading up to the decisive final battle for the fate of mankind in the war against the machines!
- KEY FEATURES
- Resist the machines! Fight against a selection of iconic enemies from the films, including the T-800, as well as a host of enemies that are brand new to the Terminator universe.
- Equip an arsenal of plasma weaponry to run and gun or sneak and hack through sprawling environments! The world isn’t as forgiving as it used to be so you’ll need to search for scraps to trade and craft.
- Choose the kind of hero you want to be by levelling up your skills while exploring post-Apocalyptic Los Angeles. Complete story missions to rise through the ranks of the Resistance as well as side-quests to help your friends.
- Change the fate of mankind! Protect a motley crew of survivors, each with their own motivations and backstories. The actions you take throughout the game will impact their survival and change the ending you get.
- Take on the role of an iconic T-800 series Infiltrator and utilize a wide variety of weaponry as you breach the defenses of the Resistance forces.
- Build up your data banks with INTEL claimed from Resistance patrols and caches to discover the locations of key enemy strongholds.
- Root out and eliminate the TECH-COM FIELD COMMANDER, but prepare carefully; should you fail in your mission, you’ll have to start again from the beginning.
- Once you’ve completed your mission, post your score on the Steam Leaderboards to contrast your methods against others across the globe.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Terminator: Resistance is a single-player FPS set 30 years after the Judgement Day apocalypse. In the grim, skull-carpeted wastes of future Los Angeles, players will take on the role of Private Jacob Rivers, a member of the Resistance Pacific Division who finds himself the latest target of Skynet.
A mix of main and side quests will allow you to control Rivers as you see fit - as a plasma gun-wielding run-and-gunner, or a sneaky hacker - and scraps found along the way can be traded or crafted into useful gear. Skills can be levelled up to mold Rivers into the soldier that is needed to destroy the Skynet Defense Grid and bring the AI apocalypse to a halt.
Terminator: Resistance features multiple endings, which makes sense for a game set in a series with a multitude of timelines. Protecting your team of surviving resistance members will help dictate where the story goes.
Developed by Teyon, Terminator: Resistance will be published by Reef Entertainment and released on November 15 in Europe and Australia. A North American release happened on 14 for Steam, and on January 7, 2020 for consoles due to unforeseen manufacturing delays.
Eventually, on November 5th, 2020, a Steam and PC exclusive DLC was released. Called Terminator: Resistance Infiltrator Mode, it allows you to take control of a T-800 Infiltrator as you attempt to hunt down and terminate Resistance Tech-Com Commander Ramirez. Like in the real game, there is a mix of main and side quests. You can progress with the story as well as explore your surroundings, all the while neutralizing scavenger and Resistance patrols, gathering enemy intel, breaching and killing the occupants of scavenger or Resistance shelters, bunkers, hideouts, etc., and collecting weapons, as well as new weapons not wielded in the original game. And, if you are killed, you will respawn at the same starting point and will have to start all over again.
Plot[edit | edit source]
On August 29, 1997, Skynet, the military computer artificial intelligence defense network, became self-aware and created a nuclear holocaust, called Judgment Day. In the following decades, Skynet was locked in a war to exterminate humanity. Pockets of human survivors were organized into Resistance military cells dedicated to strike back against Skynet, led by John Connor.
In 2028, Jacob Rivers was targeted for termination by a T-850 Infiltrator, who led a strike force to attack Rivers' unit, Resistance Pacific Division. River then became the sole survivor of his unit while deployed in Pasadena. When evading Skynet patrols, Jacob made an alliance with a pocket of human civilian survivors, including Jennifer, her surrogate brother Patrick, an elderly man named Ryan, scavenger Colin, and hospital nurse Erin. While gathering supplies for the survivors, Jacob met up with a Tech-Com unit led by Commander Jessica Baron and learned that she was forced to abandon his unit during the attack on Pasadena in order to minimize further Resistance casualties. Recruited into Baron's unit, Jacob was tasked with carrying out reconnaissance missions in order to cripple Skynet. While carrying out his mission, Rivers was pursued by the Infiltrator, however, he received unexpected aid from an unidentified stranger. Convinced of the threat of the Terminator that targeted him, Baron provided shelter to the human civilians in Jacob's care. After suffering a sabotage in the Resistance defense systems, Rivers finally disabled the T-850.
With the Infiltrators now a threat, John Connor tasks Jacob with seeking out scientist Dr. Edwin Mack in order to enlist his aid for fighting against Skynet. Upon meeting Mack, Jacob learned that Mack had developed the means to hack into Skynet's network and reprogram their forces into fighting for the Resistance. Skynet had been learning at a geometric rate and creating Time Displacement Equipment in order to wipe out the Resistance. Mack provided Jacob the means to seek out the location of Skynet Central Core and requested Rivers to obtain a Terminator CPU in order to help reprogram Terminators for the Resistance. As he was carrying out the task, Jacob met up with the Stranger and was warned of an impending attack by Skynet. At this point, the fate of Jacob's allies become determinant on how much trust he has built up with them and whether or not he convinces them to leave the Resistance shelter; while also having to choose between warning Mack or assassinating him on Baron's orders due to an incident that left her lover killed by a Terminator.
Jacob led an ill-fated raid on the Griffith Observatory where the Skynet Core was believed to be located. However, Jacob became the sole survivor again as the Stranger died protecting him. To make matters worse, Skynet assaulted the main Resistance Shelter, annihilating Baron's unit in the process. Left with no other choice and knowing the true coordinate of the Skynet Core, located by the Stranger, Jacob brought his findings to John. While meeting with John, Jacob learned that the Stranger was his future self from an previous timeline and had helped play a key role in assaulting Skynet with John. Jacob and John led a main assault force on Skynet's Time Displacement Equipment, while another Resistance unit destroyed the Core. Despite the Resistance being victorious, Skynet succeeded in sending three Terminators before their defeat: the first one to kill Sarah Connor, the second one to kill John as a child, and the third Terminator tasked to kill Jacob.
After the destruction of Skynet, Jacob had to make the decision to either travel back in time to protect his younger self, or stay in the present and have another Resistance soldier take his place as the protector instead.
Good "Best" Ending[edit | edit source]
If the player warns Dr. Mack about Baron, steals the T-850's CPU chip, and gives the chip to John Connor, Connor will use the chip to reprogram a Terminator that he will send back to the past to protect his younger self in 1995. If Erin is told her husband left for Mexico, she will leave the shelter and go to Mexico before the attack and will not be killed. If Ryan is exposed for lying on fixing the buggy, he will be thrown out of the Shelter and will not die, despite what he thinks. If Jennifer is told to leave, she and Patrick will leave soon before the attack, and thus their lives will be spared. If Dr. Mack is warned about Baron, he will leave his laboratory soon after Jacob's warning, but he gets captured by Skynet. Eventually after the war ends, the Resistance finds him alive in one of Skynet's former prisons, and frees him.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Plasma Turret
- Spider Scout
- Scout Drone
- Armored Drone
- Armored Spider
- HK-Centurion (DLC)
- T-600 (DLC)
Resistance Weaponry[edit | edit source]
The Resistance has utilized many weapons, including plasma weaponry, against Skynet and it's army of Terminators.
Contemporary weapons[edit | edit source]
- Remington 870P
- RL-43 Rocket launcher (laser guided)
- RL-92 Rocket launcher (heat seeking)
- .45 Longslide with Laser Sighting (Infiltrator Mode DLC only)
- M79 Grenade Launcher (Infiltrator Mode DLC only)
- M134 Minigun (Infiltrator Mode DLC only)
Modified Conventional Weapons[edit | edit source]
Plasma Weaponry[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Story-wise, the game did not tie in to Terminator: Dark Fate, but was released shortly after the film's release. Dark Fate brought back not only original director James Cameron in a producer role, but also Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. Cameron has suggested that it could be the start of a new Terminator trilogy.
Walkthroughs[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Terminator: Resistance/Walkthroughs
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cover[edit | edit source]
Screen Captures[edit | edit source]
Enhanced version[edit | edit source]
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- From the official website. Retrieved September 19, 2019.
- Terminator: Resistance Sends Players To The Future War This Year - IGN
[edit | edit source]
- Official website
- Terminator: Resistance on Wikipedia
- Terminator: Resistance (2019) - MobyGames
- Terminator: Resistance - IGN
- Terminator: Resistance (Game) - Giant Bomb
- TERMINATOR RESISTANCE - All Weapons Showcase! PC ULTRA - YouTube
- TERMINATOR RESISTANCE All Weapons Showcase | ᴴᴰ ✔️ - YouTube