Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesEdit
In the Terminator Salvation novel as well as the film, John Connor's team is referred to as a "Tech-com unit" which is tasked with intercepting and interpreting Skynet's signals to the Hunter Killers and Terminators in hopes of finding weaknesses, and finding back doors into restricted files, as well as fighting the machines directly. This unit intercepted plans and diagrams depicting the new model Terminator, the T-800, following a (mostly) successful strike on an underground Skynet bunker in 2018.
Seconds after the completion of Operation Chrono and just before the transfer of Kyle Reese to 1984, Alex, a T-5000 Infiltrator transformed John Connor into a T-3000 and killed the other members of the same Tech-Com unit left before revealing itself to be the physical embodiment of Skynet itself.
- The Terminator
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Terminator Salvation
- Terminator: Resistance
- John Connor
- Justin Perry (Mentioned only; deceased)
- Jessica Baron
- Jacob Rivers
- Dr. Edwin Mack
- Dr. Alvin Scott
- Kyle Reese (Mentioned only)
- The term "Tech-Com" was not used in James Cameron's original script treatment. However, it appeared in the final script. Reese's ident at the start of The Terminator is the only onscreen mention of the term "Tech-Com" until Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Terminator Salvation, in which it was clarified to be a specific unit of the Resistance under Connor's supervision; however, in the Terminator ancillary material, such as video games, novels, and comic books, "Tech-Com" is often used as the name for the entire human Resistance against Skynet and the Machines. This is validated when Kyle Reese says he is “in Tech-com” but doesn’t “know tech stuff”.
- ↑ The Terminator Special Edition DVD, Script Treatment