The T-900 is a type of Terminator mass-produced by Skynet. The T-900 Terminator is a hyper-alloy armored Humanoid Hunter Killer and served as the infantry for SKynet force. It is the successor to the T-850 and the predecessor to the T-X.
The T-900 series is twice as fast, strong and durable. The T-900 combat chassis is built with a plasma reactor as its power source while the endoskeleton is covered with hyperalloy armor to increase its durability. Because the T-900 is powered by a miniature plasma fusion reactor inside its torso, its body glows in a certain color, such as blue, red, green, or yellow.
Skynet made models for different purposes on the battlefield which they also named differently:
- Rise of the Machines (video game)
- T-900 Green: The green T-900 Terminators travel in packs and are the most commonly encountered. It is the easiest to terminate,
- T-900 Yellow: The Yellow T-900 Terminators carry two rifles. They are tougher than the T-900 Green.
- T-900 Red: The red T-900 Terminators carry Skynet Assault Cannons. They are the toughest to terminate.
- War of the Machines
- T-900 Supply: This type of the T-900 has red sensors and Terminator rejuvenation kits. It is the most basic Terminator class, possessing average speed, armor, and weapons. It can pilot an HK-Tank, however, it can not use any stationary weapons. During battle, T-900 Supply can supply ammunition to the other Terminators.
- T-900 Heavy: This type of the T-900 is very much like the T-900 Supply in build. It has blue sensors. This heavy class of Terminator is slower but stronger than T-900 Supply. A T-900 is able to carry heavier weapons, such as RSB-80 Plasma Gun or Term Cannon. It is able to not only pilot an HK-Tank, but also call a Hunter-Killer Aerial Weapons Platform for air support to bombard a Resistance base or convoy.
- Infiltrator: This type of the T-900 has the endoskeleton covered with living tissue, serving as Skynet operatives that able to come close to humans. It features glowing red eyes and Tech-Com style uniform.
The appearance of the T-900 Terminator varies across different Terminator 3 media.
The original T-900 design is used as the merchandise and featured as a cameo in the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines film with blue glowing like the T-X. In the video game Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, the appearance of T-900 is the same as the one as seen in the film, except for the glowing color; in the game, there are three colors: green, yellow, and red.
In the video game Terminator 3: War of the Machines, the T-900 maintained its previous appearance, only this time the detail on its endo-skull was clearly different to that of previous Terminators; possessing a reinforced jaw bone structure and an overall increase in cranial protection. There are two glowing colors of T-900 Terminator: red and blue (on a body with red stripe).
In the video game Terminator 3: The Redemption, the T-900 is apparently an enhanced version of a T-850, which features a bulkier chassis that gives it the appearance of a T-850 that has armor plating applied to its endoskeleton. Like its other incarnations, it glows red from within, but to a lesser degree.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (video game)
Terminator 3: War of the Machines
Terminator 3: The Redemption
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines video game
- Terminator 3: War of the Machines
- Terminator 3: The Redemption
- [Editor's notes] Note that in the video game Terminator 3: War of the Machines, the Infiltrator is simply referred as "Infiltrator". Terminator Wiki treated this Infiltrator as T-900 so far until there is further official material to prove otherwise.
- The Terminator Fans (Fanon)