- Main article: T-800
The T-90 is a Terminator Endoskeleton — a type of Humanoid Hunter Killer — in several timelines and it is an equivalent to the T-800 Endoskeleton from most of the timelines. Skynet used the T-90 as the basis to develop the T-101 Infiltrator, a machine encased in living tissue outer sheath.
History[edit | edit source]
T2 Trilogy timeline[edit | edit source]
In the original timeline, Skynet itself designed and began production of the T-90 after the Judgment Day but sometime prior to 2021. In the colloquial terms of the novel trilogy, this is the designation utilized for the legions of Terminators directly deployed to the battlefields of the Future War (as seen in the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day), and never intended to wear a living tissue infiltration sheath.
Because of Skynet's deliberate corruption  of the timeline with the I-950 Serena Burns, she is able to influence Cyberdyne Systems to achieve the technological knowledge base required for mass production of these units earlier than originally defined making them direct participants of the events of Judgment Day, accelerating Skynet's own designs, and culminating eventually in the Series 800 as we know them, and by 2029 the Series 1000 Terminators.
However, because these initial units were now developed before the technological base could fully support them, units built out of contemporary materials had to accept a certain level of initial increased vulnerability, and lessened performance. This led to the creation of simultaneously existing alternate futures in a state of quantum superimposition as detected by Skynet, in which the dates of Judgment Day, the effectiveness of the Resistance, and the very existence of Skynet itself were placed in a state of flux.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
The Terminator (NES)[edit | edit source]
T2 Trilogy[edit | edit source]
T-90s are superhumanly strong and durable, easily capable of killing a human being or bending steel with their bare hands and resisting fire from most conventional weapons without suffering damage.
Despite their great durability a T-90 is far from being invulnerable, plasma weapons and explosives can cause great damage to the Endoskeleton of the Terminator and electricity is even more dangerous as an electric current just four or five times more powerful of that of a common taser can completely fry the Terminator, killing it in a few seconds. Still, underestimating a T-90 is dangerous since the Terminator can function even after taking severe damage and losing entire limbs.
Unlike most other models the head of a T-90 can still work even after being disconnected from the power source: a decapitated T-90 will still try to bite his target.
The T-90 is not particularly stealthy, the sound of its metal feet hitting the ground can be easily heard from afar.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A T-90 is an enemy without weapons as it can only attack by punch in the NES video game The Terminator.
- Although the release of the T2 Trilogy novel in 2003 coincided with the production of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, the novel only takes pains to reconcile its canon with the first two films. As a result, the clarification identifying the endoskeleton chassis as a T-800, optionally equipped with a Model 101 flesh covering, had not come out.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- A T-90 is responsible for the capture of Lisa Weinbaum in 2021, so must be a production model by this time.
- The I-950 not only possessed complete knowledge of 2029 technology, but carried within her a number of actual future-tech Neural Net CPUs and fuel cells with which to immediately begin manufacture of Terminators with contemporary materials.
- Skynet's opening monologue in the novel T2: Rising Storm.
See also[edit | edit source]
- T-700 - The T-800 Terminator without living tissue outer sheath in Terminator Salvation timeline.
- T-801 - The T-800 Terminator without living tissue outer sheath, for Heavy Combat purpose in The Terminator: 2029.
|<< Series 8xx Terminator >>|