Humans were forced inside these camps for "orderly disposal". "Disposal units" ran 24 hours a day, bringing the human population to the brink of extinction. Some prisoners are kept alive to load bodies. Prisoners were burned with laser barcodes, presumably to keep track of them. "Grays", humans loyal to Skynet, are in charge of the Work Camps and monitor the prisoners.
John Connor and Kyle Reese were both imprisoned in Century Work Camp, a work camp located in Los Angeles. On the brink of extinction, John Connor united the despairing humans and taught them to fight back, storm the camps and overcome the Terminator guards. The beginnings of the Resistance was created from these survivors.
T2 Trilogy timelineEdit
Kyle and his mother Mary Reese were captured by Luddite Patrol A-36 under the command of Sam Marshall and delivered to a camp to serve as slaves. Later, John Connor led an assault against the Luddite extermination camp three years later. Although most of the prisoners were rescued by Connor and other Tech-Com soldiers, Dennis Reese and his wife Mary were killed by a Terminator during the assault on the camp.
Terminator Salvation timelineEdit
John Connor led the Tech-Com unit to rescue the prisoners and successfully destroy the Skynet Central.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The concept of the Skynet Work Camp resembles the Nazi extermination camps run by the SS, like Auschwitz.
- Sarah Connor: Reese. Why me? Why's it want me?
- Kyle Reese: There was a nuclear war. A few years from now, all this, this whole place, everything, it's gone. Just gone. There were survivors. Here, there. Nobody even knew who started it. It was the machines, Sarah.
- Sarah Connor: I don't understand.
- Kyle Reese: Defense network computers. New... powerful... hooked into everything, trusted to run it all. They say it got smart, a new order of intelligence. Then it saw all people as a threat, not just the ones on the other side. Decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination.
- Sarah Connor: Did you see this war?
- Kyle Reese: No. I grew up after. In the ruins... starving... hiding from H-K's.
- Sarah Connor: H-K's?
- Kyle Reese: Hunter-Killers: patrol machines built in automated factories. Most of us were rounded up, put in camps for orderly disposal. (pulls up his right sleeve, exposing a barcode) This is burned in by laser scan. Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherfuckers into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor. Your son, Sarah, your unborn son.
- The Terminator
- Sarah Connor:(Looking at barcode on forearm of dead Resistance fighter) I've seen that before. Kyle Reese had one.
- Cameron: Skynet work camp. Prisoner.
- The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Gnothi Seauton
- Cameron:(After seeing a barcode in the police file of Derek Reese) That's a tattoo from a Skynet work camp. He's a resistance fighter.
- The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Queen's Gambit
- Television series
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Terminator Salvation