A snapshot of Sarah Connor was taken at a gas station in Mexico with a Kodachrome 960 instant camera by a Mexican boy on November 10, 1984 and sold to her for $4. The photograph shows Sarah Connor, six months pregnant in a jeep near the Mexican border. Behind her is her pet Pugsley Jr, an Alsatian dog (German Shepherd) that she has with her, presumably because of their ability to detect the Terminators.
Sarah gave the snapshot to her son John Connor, who carried it with him in his wallet in a plastic sleeve. John would carry it with him for 30 years, before giving it to one of his subordinates, Sergeant Kyle Reese.
Kyle carried the photo with him for years, falling in love with Sarah. After he traveled back in time, he described his feelings for the photo to Sarah, and confessed that he often wondered what she was thinking of when it was taken. The photo is actually taken when Sarah is thinking of Reese, describing him to their unborn son, John Connor.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesEdit
As John Connor travels through time , only organic material or things contained in organic material can be moved through time, he does not take the photograph with him to 2007. Later, it is revealed that Agent Ellison obtained it and kept it at his place, where John finds it and takes it back.
When John time travels forward with Catherine Weaver, John does not carry the photo with him as he has kept the photo in his wallet, left with his other personal belongings before attempting to free his mother Sarah from jail.
During the Nacogdoches offensive, John Connor gave the photo to Kyle Reese when they were alone. Kyle Reese still possessed the snapshot during Operation Chrono. He was unable to bring it with him to the past.
- As the taking of the photograph occurs before any major timeline alterations, presumably the props used in the movies and series are meant to be the same photo from the same original timeline.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The original photo (Linda Hamilton) is taken from a downward angle (by a taller photographer). However, the photo was supposedly taken by a small child, which makes the photo prop a little inaccurate.
- The snapshot in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles looks slightly different to the original: The only parts of the jeep visible are Sarah's seat and the roll bar. Also, the background shows an open sky over a desert mountain ridge in the background, and the picture is taken from a slightly lower angle, more in line with the height of the boy that took it.
- The snapshot in Terminator Salvation only shows the face of Sarah Connor without Pugsley Jr. sitting beside her.
- The snapshot in Terminator Genisys is a fairly accurate recreation of the original picture with Emilia Clarke replacing Linda Hamilton. Only the color of Sarah's clothing is slightly different.
- A flashback during The Terminator shows the Sarah Connor snapshot being destroyed by a fire as the Future Terminator attacks Kyle Reese's base. However, during both The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Genisys, though burnt, the snapshot is still intact and in Kyle's possession. The photo in Terminator Genisys is slightly scorched on the edges and corners, suggesting it was almost burned but Kyle was manage to save it.
- The same location was used for the gas station that Cromartie kidnaps Michelle Dixon from in "The Mousetrap".
- Sarah Connor snaptshot is featured in one of T-800's intro in the 2019 video game Mortal Kombat 11.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Nuclear Twilight
- The Terminator: 2029
- Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle The Final Battle issue 4 (Mentioned only)
- Television series
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Kyle: (talking to Sarah Connor) John Connor gave me a picture of you once. I didn't know why at the time. It was very old. Torn...faded. You were young, like you are now. You seemed just... a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that moment. I memorized every line, every curve... (turns to look at Sarah) I came across time for you, Sarah. I love you. I always have. (Sarah looks quietly overwhelmed and Kyle looks away). I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that.
- The Terminator
- John Connor: (John opens his wallet to put away his share of the money he stole from an ATM)
- Tim: (noticing a picture in a plastic sleeve) That her?
- John Connor: (reluctantly shows Tim the Polaroid of Sarah pregnant, in a jeep near the Mexican border) Yes.
- Tim: So she's pretty cool, huh?
- John Connor: No, she's a complete psycho. That's why she's up at Pescadero. It's a mental hospital, okay. She tried to blow up a computer factory but she got shot and arrested.
- Tim: No shit...
- John Connor: She's a total loser.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Derek: You're prettier than your picture.
- Sarah: Picture?
- Derek: Yeah, it's actually how I clocked you. My brother carried your snap for luck.
- Sarah: Who's your brother?
- Derek: What does it matter? You don't know the Reese boys and you never will.
- Sarah Connor Chronicles, "Queen's Gambit"
- Kyle: What?
- Derek: I hate that thing.
- Kyle: It's just a picture.
- Derek: It's Connor's mother. I don't get why he'd give you that.
- Kyle: She's my lucky charm.
- Derek: That's what makes me nervous.
- Sarah Connor Chronicles, "Dungeons & Dragons"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Terminator
- ↑ Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- ↑ Shooting script for Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- ↑ Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles episode "Dungeons & Dragons"
- ↑ The scenes were cut from the final product of Terminator Salvation, however, the scene can be seen in the Maximum Movie Mode while McG is commenting within Terminator Salvation Blu-ray Disc.
- ↑ McG Talks Deleted Scenes and Terminator Salvation DVD Specs | The Terminator / Sarah Connor Chronicles TV Series News, Reviews, Episode Guide and Forum (From Internet Archive)
- ↑ Terminator Genisys