Sarah Jeanette Connor (born fall, 1965), is the mother of the Resistance, responsible for raising John Connor and teaching him in the ways of war. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.
Sarah Connor was born in 1965. She was born to a waitress mother and a veteran father. As a child, her father walked out on her and her mother. Sarah Connor lived a normal life when growing up. At the age of 19, she worked as a teenage waitress at Big Jeff's family restaurant and shared a two-story apartment in the Palm District with her roommate Ginger Ventura while studying at college. But everything Sarah had ever known was to change that year in 1984. By the events of The Terminator, Sarah finds herself pursued by a relentless cyborg killer, the Terminator; a Series 800 Model 101 Infiltrator unit (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger), for reasons completely unknown to her.
She is rescued from the Terminator by time-traveling soldier Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn), who explains that in the future, an artificial intelligence called Skynet will be created by military software developers to make strategic decisions. The program becomes self-aware, seizes control of most of the world's military hardware (including various highly-advanced robots), and launches an all-out attack on human beings. However, a man named John Connor eventually leads the human resistance group Tech-Com to victory, only to discover that in a last-ditch effort, Skynet had researched time travel and sent a robotic killer back in time in an effort to destroy John Connor's family before he can be born. John Connor is Sarah's future son, and Connor sends back a trusted sergeant (Reese - who, unbeknownst to Reese, is John's father) to protect his mother at all costs. During their brief time together, Sarah falls in love with Reese. Reese becomes the only thing protecting her from the Terminator and her only companion as they flee together.
The Terminator kills a number of people in order to get to Sarah Connor, including her mother. Initially, she is unaware that Reese himself had been in love with her from afar, having been given a picture of her by John Connor, and having always admired her legendary strength and resilience. They share a night of intimacy that results in the conception of John. Their relationship is cut short when Reese dies fighting the Terminator in a Cyberdyne factory; Sarah, in turn, crushes the Terminator in a hydraulic press.
Though Reese's death deeply saddens her, his sincerity and courage inspire Sarah to carry on and develop the necessary skills and abilities that would make her a suitable mentor and teacher to John.
Going into hiding, Sarah gave birth to John on February 28, 1985, and immediately entered into a semi-criminal lifestyle, beginning his training and learning from whoever would teach them. The two lived as nomads, spending a lot of time in South and Central America. It was not until she attempted to blow up the local offices of some computer corporation, getting herself caught by the police that she was seen again by the authorities. Upon trying to warn of the impending Judgment Day, Sarah was handed over to the custody of Dr. Peter Silberman at the Pescadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, a prison facility that cares and imprisons people with mental problems. She was diagnosed with acute schizo-affective disorder and institutionalized, her son John being put into foster care.
When Sarah was 29 years old, another Terminator, this time a T-1000, was sent back to eliminate Sarah's 10-year-old son John. Sarah broke out of her cell and killed Douglas' by breaking his neck with a broom handle. She then knocked out another staff member and broke Dr. Silberman's arm, and threatening to poison him to get the other staff to release her by unlocking the security doors. However, a backup member released Silberman and Sarah escaped to the elevators, while the staff desperately chased her all the way.
She waited for an elevator, one was coming up and Sarah quickly ran to the door. However, just then the second T-800 exited the elevator. Sarah knew it was a Terminator and ran in absolute fear as she believes the Terminator was there for the same reason as the T-800 back in 1984 — to kill her and John. Just as she ran back down the corridor, John exited the elevator and run after her. The staff catch up and restrain Sarah while Dr. Silberman goes to sedate her. However, before they could the T-800 incapacitates them all on Johns orders.
With the help of her son, and the reprogrammed 800 series Terminator sent back in time to protect him, Sarah broke out of Pescadero. Sarah, John, and the T-800 went towards Mexico, meeting up with Sarah's gun-running friend Enrique Salceda and his family. Enrique had been taking care of an underground bunker filled with Sarah's weapons. Trying to prevent Judgment Day, Sarah found out about Skynet's construction by Miles Dyson and set out to kill him. Although she found herself unable to eliminate him in cold blood, she helped convince Dyson to stop work on Skynet and destroy all his files and the Cyberdyne Systems building. Upon the destruction of Cyberdyne (resulting in Dyson's death) and both Terminators, Sarah took John back into hiding, training him to become a great military leader and tactician.
- The television series establishes that Sarah would have died of cancer in 2005 if she hadn't jumped forward to 2007. Therefore, if she does not receive treatment (or a cure) for her condition, she can expect to die sometime in 2013, assuming the time travel or other factors related to the relocation does not affect the progress of the disease. This bears some similarity to the film version of Sarah, who also dies sometime after the predicted 1997 date of Judgment Day.
- When Sarah's group infiltrates the Cyberdyne building, Sarah is wearing Kyle Reese's light blue trench coat from the start of the first movie.
- Sarah Connor was voted #5 on Revolution's Top 10 SF Movie Heroines of all time, with Ellen Ripley (the Alien saga) being #1.
- Emilia Clarke portrayed Sarah Connor in Terminator Genisys.
Birth and death
According to the script for The Terminator in the Special Edition DVD, Sarah was 19 years old. The film was set from May 12 through May 14 of 1984, placing her birth date between 1964-05-11 and 1965-11-15. It's also been highly speculated that Sarah's exact date of birth is November 13, 1965.
In Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Sarah's psychologist states that she is 29. The film itself takes place on a summer weekend when John (born 1985-02-28) is age 10 (between 1995-05-27 and 1995-09-02). This places Sarah's birth date between 1965-05-28 and 1966-09-02, making her 17 or 18 during The Terminator.
The tombstone is shown in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) reads 1959–1997. The birth year would make her 24 or 25 during The Terminator. Her death was described as from leukemia shortly after the original "Judgment Day" (1997-08-29). It is important to note, however, that she and John were living "off the grid" in her adult years, routinely using false names, birth dates, inter alias; and that her tomb was really a weapons cache.
The alternate ending for Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) in the Ultimate Edition DVD shows Sarah alive and well on August 29, 2029. She is by then a grandmother (and John is a Senator) in a world where Skynet was never able to start its war on humanity.
In contrast to this, in the original timeline, Sarah Connor dies Mexico lead by her is ambushed by a squad of HK's.when John Connor is in his mid-twenties when the supply convoy from
The pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, her FBI file lists her age as 33 on 1999-08-24, placing her birth date between 1965-08-25 and 1966-08-24. This would make her 17 or 18 during The Terminator.
In the episode "Gnothi Seauton", Cameron Phillips mentions that Sarah would have died from cancer in 2005, had they did not jump forward in time she wouldn't be able to help fight Skynet. Cameron also mentions that John Connor sent Cameron back in time to let Sarah jump to 2007. At the end of the episode, Sarah is at a doctor's office, where she forged drivers license shows her current alias' birthday as February 4.
For the sake of comparison, Linda Hamilton was born in September 1956, three years before the earliest date given for Sarah's birth in T3, 1959. Lena Headey was born in October 1973, making her 33 at the time the first season was filmed and the same age Sarah is said to be in 1999.
- Hot Toys
- Sarah Connor (1/6th scale collectible figure, 2010)
- Product code: MMS119
- Accessories: detachable and interchangeable fringes, interchangeable palms, extra right palms, assault rifle with a silencer, shotgun with a folding stock, pistol, combat knife with leather sheath, sunglasses, cigarette, cap, wristband, figure base with Sarah Connor nameplate and the movie logo
- The Terminator (First appearance)
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Mentioned only)
- Terminator Salvation (Voice-over and photograph only, played by Linda Hamilton)
- Terminator Genisys
- Terminator: Dark Fate
- Television series
- Main article: Sarah Connor (TSCC)
- The Terminator: Tempest (Mentioned only)
- The Terminator: Secondary Objectives (Mentioned only)
- The Terminator: Endgame
- The Terminator: Death Valley
- The Terminator: The Dark Years
- The Terminator: One Shot (Mentioned only)
- The Terminator (NOW Comics) (Mentioned only)
- Terminator: All My Future's Past (Mentioned only)
- Terminator: The Burning Earth (Mentioned only)
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Cybernetic Dawn
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Nuclear Twilight (flashback)
- Terminator 2: Infinity (Mentioned only)
- Terminator: Revolution
- The Terminator: 2029 (snapshot)
- The Terminator: 1984
- Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle
- The New John Connor Chronicles novels
- Video games
- ↑ The Terminator, page 29. November 1985. ISBN 0-553-25317-4
- ↑ "Skynet Database: Human Central Archive", featured in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines DVD, which specifies the year as 1965.
- ↑ Toyfare issue 142, page 54, 55, June, 2009
- ↑ To match the age (29) mentioned in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and the age (33) shown on screen in the pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Sarah would have to be born between 1965-08-25 and 1965-12-31.
- ↑ Technically, she was a busgirl, and was merely training as a waitress on the day she is shown in the restaurant.
- ↑ Revolution's Top 10