Time is running out. Will "Sidearm" succeed? Meanwhile back in the past, the Connors face the threat they never had — fighting two Terminators.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
In 1996, after destroying the T-850 Squad, the T-Infinity tracked the Connors down to their hideout in Bluff Creek, Louisiana. The Connors started to attack the machine upon their encounter. John Connor used a bazooka to destroy T-Infinity's right arm. However, the machine found Sarah Connor and John's younger self. Before it could fire at them, the T-Infinity was ambushed by the Dire Wolf.
Back in 1996, the Dire Wolf ripped T-Infinity's head with ease. After the T-Infinity was destroyed, the Connors began to fire at the Dire Wolf. With the assist of Kyle Reese, who finds John by tracking down the Dire Wolf, John managed to destroy the second machine. John then started to analyze the remains of the T-Infinity.
While in 2015, the Resistance had entered the missile command center in Buffalo. Later, John and Kyle arrived the scene along with T-Infinity's remains by its onboard Time Displacement Equipment. John used the data salvaged from T-Infinity's CPU to gain the coordinate of Skynet Hub in Nebraska. Hence, the Resistance then launched the nuclear to Skynet Hub, destroying it once and for all. Thus, the human race won the War.
In 2032, human society had been resuscitated and people's lives were back to normal much like the day before the War.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Continuity notes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The young Kyle Reese carries a minigun and its ammo to aid the Connors to destroyed the Dire Wolf.
- Sarah Connor meets Kyle for the very first time after the event in The Terminator.
- Sarah is very surprised by seeing the young Kyle, who is nearly as young as her 12-year-old son.
- Despite the destruction of Skynet, John's monologue suggests there may be another timeline where the War still goes on.
- The last second panels of this issue shows John and Tara Connor visiting Kyle, who married a blond female and has a daughter with blond hair.
- Interestingly, Kyle did take a time travel to the past and meet Sarah in this timeline. The only difference in this timeline and others is that Kyle did not die and went back to the future.
Terminator references[edit | edit source]
- In the alternate timeline where the War goes on, John Connor has an eye patch like his counterpart in the novelization of Terminator 2: Judgment Day by Randall Frakes.
- Skynet is destroyed in 2015 in this timeline, much earlier than it should. Similar thing has happened in Jane Connor's timeline.
Real-world references[edit | edit source]
- As artist Lui Antonio is Filipino, there are several references to the Philippines.
- A Resistance soldier is seen with a tattoo on his arm that appears to be the Three Stars and a Sun symbol of the flag of the Philippines. Another Resistance soldier also wears a bandanna with the symbol.
- There is also another Resistance soldier wearing a vest with the name Binay on the back of it, which can be a reference to the Binay political family in the Philippines.
- A notepad has a header of Smart Bro printed on it. Smart Bro is a nickname for Smart Broadband, a subsidiary of Smart Communications, a mobile phone and internet service provider in the Philippines.
- Kyle's wife wears a shirt with the phrase "Fully-Booked" on it and Tara holds a crate of goods, including a can with "Alaska" printed on its label. These may be references to the Fully Booked chain bookstores and the Alaska Milk Corporation. Both are local business in the Philippines.
- John refers the destroyed T-Infinity as Humpty Dumpty.
Q&A[edit | edit source]
Goofs[edit | edit source]
- Kyle appears wearing the same shirt he was wearing in 2015 when he travelled to 1996 with the Dire Wolf. All of his clothing should have been stripped away during the time displacement, unless he coincidentally found and stole a same shirt during 1996.
- Kyle says the Dire Wolf led him right to the Connors as he followed the machines. It seems unlikely a human would be able to follow a rushing Terminator for any real distance without getting left far behind.