History[edit | edit source]
The Rev-9 was sent back by Legion in 2042, several hours after Grace had arrived. The time displacement equipment had placed it in the air in a Mexican condominium where Dani Ramos lived. After its arrival, the Rev-9, which lacked clothing, touched a woman's laundry, which allowed it to copy the clothing, and began looking for Dani Ramos. The machine arrived at Dani's home, only to find Vicente Ramos informing the machine that Dani had left for work along with Diego, her brother. The machine killed Vicente and impersonated him to gain the trust of Dani at her workplace, only for his plan to be foiled by Grace Harper. As Dani, Diego and Grace escape the factory, the Rev-9 pursued them in a truck. The Rev-9 managed to kill Diego and corners both Grace and Dani by splitting into two istinct halves, but it was stopped by Sarah Connor with high power weaponry.
Trying to reacquire its target, the Rev-9 used its advanced mimetic polyalloy to hack into various surveillance cameras and saw that the group was attempting to cross the U.S. border into Texas. Impersonating Maggie Curtis, a Border Patrol agent, and hijacking one of the control centers, the machine had the group arrested, almost killing them by crashing a drone into their path. The machine slaughtered various people in a holding facility in a attempt to get to Dani, but it was still unable to fulfil its mission when she managed to escape in a helicopter with Grace and Sarah.
The machine reacquired the group, now allied with Carl, in a helicopter shortly after Sarah Connor received a case with a pair of EMP devices from her acquaintance, Major Dean, in an attempt to destroy the menacing Rev-9. The machine chased the group into Bingham Air Force Base where Major Dean was stationed, with Dean notifying the base of the incoming threat. The group escaped in a C-5 cargo plane, but they were chased again by the machine in a hijacked aerial refueling aircraft. The machine crashed into the group's aircraft and boarded the plane, engaging in heavy combat against Carl while Dani, Grace, and Sarah parachuted away from the heavily damaged aircraft. The Rev-9 and Carl are both flung from the aircraft and land in a river current, leading to a battle that eventually resulted in the Rev-9's two halves ganging up on and overpowering the T-800.
Grace, Sarah, Dani, and Carl faced off against the Rev-9 for the final time inside a hydroelectric dam power plant. The Rev-9 tried to negotiate with Dani's protectors, even trying to reason with Carl, as they were built for the same purpose. With its attempted persuasions failing, the Rev-9 turned to combat as a last resort, during which it was battered and slashed by Carl and Grace, with fire support from Sarah. The Rev-9 was later forced into a turbine by Carl and Grace, superheating its liquid metal sheath as well as causing an explosion that mortally wounds Grace and knocks Carl offline. The now-heavily damaged Rev-9, reduced to a still functioning endoskeleton, pursued an enraged Dani, who tearfully removes Grace's thorium reactor at Grace's request before shooting the Rev-9 several times and tackling the machine. The Rev-9 managed to grab hold and choke Dani, but it was stopped by a reactivated Carl, giving Dani enough time to stab the Rev-9 in the eye with the thorium reactor, heavily electrocuting the machine. The damaged Rev-9 was then ruthlessly dragged across to a hole in the power plant by Carl, who chose to sacrifice himself along with the assassin. The reactor overloaded and both machines are partially melted into the floor, ceasing to function.
Terminations[edit | edit source]
Successful Terminations[edit | edit source]
- Vicente Ramos
- Diego Ramos
- Maggie Curtis and many other Border Patrol Staff in Surveillance drone control room and in detention centre
- United States Air Force pilots in the aerial refueling aircraft
Attempted Terminations[edit | edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Rev-9
Being an exterminator of the future, Rev-9 is an indomitable killing machine that will only stop until it fulfills its mission objective. It has all the mechanical skills that an exterminator has, despite being a stronger and more resistant model when compared to its predecessors. Below is a list of all his skills displayed throughout history:
- Superhuman strength: Rev-9 has an incredible and powerful ability to perform feats that normal humans are not able to do. His endo-skeleton allows him to block and strike powerful blows against Grace Harper during his fight at the factory and to pierce windshields with your hands in the form of sharp blades. With a single stroke, he can knock Sarah Connor back several meters during the confrontation at the hydroelectric plant. He managed to push Carl against a forklift with just one hand and withstand the advances of the T-800 and Grace against a rotary shredder for a few moments, even with both pushing him with their extraordinary forces.
- Superhuman agility:Being a machine designed to kill its target, it has incredible and skillful ways to invest against its victims. He was able to make big jumps, twists in the air and momentarily run into a wall. Even being caught by the explosion of his helicopter, he managed to get out of it and jump nimbly against the take-off of the C-5 Galaxy.
- Superhuman durability: This exterminator has a durable durability above the average of its predecessors as in the case of T-X and T-1000. Even after falling from a great height and crashing into the ground when he was kicked off Grace's plane, he proved not to suffer any damage. When he split in two and T-800 took the opportunity to throw his endoskeleton against a wall, he resisted and molded himself back without the slightest problem. Only the friction of being caught by the spinning turbine and its explosion made it do great damage, destroying its polygonal mass. This vulnerability was responsible for his death at the hands of Dani and T-800.
- Polygonal assimilation: He can manipulate any material with just a touch, creating a copy for his own use. Rev-9 used this to make an outfit for himself just by creating a duplicate of the original shirt. He also demonstrated his ability to assimilate other people, as demonstrated by posing as a military woman at the base of operations in Mexico.
- Double unit polygon division: The most notable feature of this terminator is its affinity to divide its endoskeleton with its liquid polygonal mass to make parallel attacks with greater success. However, this division proved to be more vulnerable to more serious damage to its structure, since its regenerative power is not as effective when its parts are separated.
- Regeneration: Having a reinforced and liquid polygomy layer over its endoskeleton, the Rev-9 demonstrates to have an advanced regeneration to any attack that can damage your body. He proved to be resistant to Grace Harper 's blows, to shots and a subsequent dynamite from Sarah Connor and being run over without suffering any major injury, only superficially damaging his polygonal mass that automatically reconstitutes. However, even with all this ability in your favor, Rev-9 can still be seriously damaged. This was only possible when he ended up entering a rotating crusher at a hydroelectric plant, allowing Dani Ramos and Carl to kill him with ease when using a Grace energy reserve.
- Creating sharp blades:By manipulating its black liquid mass, it can shape and replace your hands and part of your arm to create skewers that can pierce anything. He used this ability to try to kill Dani several times throughout the film. He can also summon these black thorns on his body to try to inflict Carl when he was about to be sucked into the mill's rotating crusher.
- Cyber Vision: Rev-9 has a Head-up display (HUD)access that offers data from its opponents in visual displays. He can locate Dani Ramos and his group through his cyber vision by zooming in on the image and focusing on a particular point in his vision. It was also included that he can have a night vision to meet anyone within a radius of several miles, as defined when viewing Dani entering the hydroelectric plant.
- Cyberpathy : The ability to invade and manipulate the computer network using just your touch. He managed to track the location of Dani Ramos using security cameras and even control a military drone to find them .It is also able to access any database provided by the network.
- Combat specialist: Rev-9 proved to be quite capable of fighting against his opponents, becoming a formidable hand-to-hand combatant .He proved to be very effective in making blows that damage the body of his enemies, as in the case of pulling the synthetic skin from the arm of T-800 in the fight in the C-5 Galaxy. Later, he managed to pierce Grace's chest using his black skewers with extreme agility.