Raul is a member of, and the explosives expert for, the human 9-man Resistance cell led by Colonel Mary Randall. They assaulted a fully functional Skynet network complex 6 months after John Connor destroyed the Master Control central node. Within this facility was an operational Time Displacement Chamber, greater in scope than the prototype discovered by John Connor. Their mission was to utilize the TDE to return to 1984  and eliminate Skynet by killing key individuals in the Cyberdyne Systems hierarchy.
I825.M, observed the infiltration of the cell but did not interfere directly. After reporting the infiltration to the Processing Command Center of the facility he headed for the Incubation Chamber to activate defenders for the facility. Only 3 units were available for immediate activation; C890.L, C850.D, and HC875.S.
3 members of the team were killed during the assault, leaving the technician, Lieutenant Koufaks to initiate the TDE and send the remaining 5 members of the team to the past. His orders were to destroy the unit in order to prevent any Skynet assets from following. Unfortunately for Koufaks, just as he began shooting the controls for the TDE, three terminators activated by I825.M captured him. After interrogation, the Terminators elected to use Koufaks as a gun cabinet, slicing open his belly and inserting a Plasma Pistol, then cauterizing the wound shut.
The Terminators took Koufaks with them to the past with the partially repaired TDE. The damage he was able to inflict locked the target time coordinates for the unit. Upon arrival in the past, C890.L ripped the Plasma Pistol out of the poor lieutenant's body, terminating him.
After arriving in 1990, Mary directed Naiomi and Raul to acquire clothing, food, and other supplies; while Bart was to secure weapons, and she and Alan would seek housing for the cell. They then initiated surveillance on a Cyberdyne Systems facility to acquire targets needed to preempt the Skynet genesis. Raul offered to trade duties with Alan for the planned abduction of Dr. Astin, but was turned down. After kidnapping Dr. Ed Astin and leading a failed assassination attempt against Dr. Bertram Hollister, Mary brought Dr. Astin back to the safe house where Raul and the other cell members tried to convince him of the truth and the future war. Naiomi understood the difficulty Mary faced when presented with the opportunity to have to kill another human being, and was instrumental in Mary convincing Raul and Bart to allow a disbelieving Astin to leave alive.
C890.L tracked a terrified, and finally convinced, Dr. Astin back to the safe house where it led an assault against the gathered resistance members. Raul was able to damage HC875.S with a pipe-bomb as it pursued Mary, Astin, and Bart through the safe house, giving them time to escape the assault undetected. He was terminated by a chest-shot from the Plasma Pistol and C890.L. As he was gunned down, a just-ignited pipe-bomb fell from his hand into his cache of explosives, decimating the safe house in a massive detonation.
Raul was very hairy, with a muscular build, dark hair in a flattop, and wore a thin goatee and mustache.
- Naiomi: (on arrival in 1990) "I never knew it could be so...so quiet."
- Raul: "Before you become too fascinated, I suggest we find some way to arm ourselves."
- Mary: (staring pointedly at his nakedness) "Excuse me, soldier, but don't you think you're overlooking one small detail?"
- Raul: (as HC875.S stalked up the safe house stairs) "Come and get it, Craneo de Acero! Fire One!"
- (a massive explosion hurls the terminator away)
- Mary: "Good work Raul! Now let's GO!"
- Raul: (lighting another bomb) "Not now Colonel...I'm on a roll!"
Resistance Cell members
- Mary Randall: Colonel, Cell leader
- Raul: Hispanic Tech-Com soldier, explosives expert, terminated at the Resistance Safe House by C890.L.
- Bart Lukens: African-American Tech-Com soldier, terminated by C890.L while driving.
- Naiomi: Asian Tech-Com soldier, terminated at the Resistance Safe House by HC875.S
- Alan: Caucasian Tech-Com soldier, terminated by C890.L at Dr. Hollister's house with the Plasma Pistol.
- Captain Blake: Killed assaulting the TDE in the hallway
- Stainor: Killed assaulting the TDE in the TDE chamber
- Unnamed trooper: Killed assaulting the TDE outside the facility
- Lieutenant Koufaks: Technician, used by Skynet to carry a Plasma Pistol to the past. Terminated by C890.L
- Although the introduction of these characters in Tempest started by saying 1990 in the actual comics, they go back and retcon the situation because of the development of End Game, centering around Sarah Connor's pregnancy and the birth of John Connor. In End Game they explicitly state several dates. The assassination on July 25, 1984 happens two months and five days before Sloan records the casefile entry on Catfish on September 30, 1984. Other explicit dates are October 1, 3, and 4 1984. Sara Connor is "forced" into the hospital in Odessa Texas due to complications in her pregnancy (IE: John/Jane is premature) from the basis of the Filmed events of [[The Terminator (film)|]] happening in May of 1984. That is, unless you want Sarah to be pregnant for 6 years. The comics people got it wrong for the initial Dark Horse stories of Tempest, Secondary Objectives, and The Enemy Within, and had to change it for the End Game storyline.