The General Dynamics RBS-80 is a plasma gun used by Skynet and Resistance forces. When used by the Resistance, it was typically mounted on a vehicle or used as a stationary turret. Terminators, however, being considerably stronger than humans, could lift and carry the weapon with ease.
During the Future War in the Original timeline, a T-800 Infiltrator carried an RBS-80 and sneaked into a Resistance Bunker where Kyle Reese was having resting. The machine then started killing everyone within its range with its RBS-80.
Behind the Scene
- The prop used for RBS-80 during the production of The Terminator appears to be based off a M2 Browning Water Cooled machine gun. A similar weapon is also seen on the sunroof of the car driven by Kyle Reese while being chased by an HK-Aerial.
- During the opening scene of Future War in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a weapon similar to the RBS-80 is used by the Resistance to attacked an HK-Aerial. This alleged RBS-80 may be based on Vickers machine gun (as a toggle lock is seen at one point in The Terminator) or Colt variant of M1917 Browning machine gun (as the spade grips can be seen).
- The Terminator
- The Terminator (Frakes novel)
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Not verified)
- The Terminator: Future Shock
- The Terminator: Skynet
- Terminator 3: War of the Machines (Referred as RSB-80 Plasma Gun in the manual)