Personal pistols, rifles, sniper rifle, shotguns, miniguns, cannons, crew-served weapons, and many varieties of vehicular-mounted heavy weapons are operational throughout the battlefields of the Future War. With the advent of time travel interrupt the timeline with both knowledge of and even actual artifacts of future technologies, the exact date of introduction to plasma weaponry is entirely uncertain.
Known Plasma WeaponsEdit
Modified Conventional WeaponsEdit
- A HK-Tank mounted version of this weapon appeared to have the power to violently blow a human body into several charred pieces upon impact.
- Skynet's Central Core Installation at Cheyenne Mountain was defended from large scale rebel assaults by massive phased plasma cannons. 
- The T-X Terminator was the first design to successfully incorporate onboard weaponry into a Terminator or Infiltrator capable of deployment via Time Displacement Equipment. All previous temporal transport of advanced weaponry involved the use of willing or unwilling organic carriers, or simply utilizing future-tech knowledge on contemporary materials.
- In The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline, plasma weaponry began to be used around 2021.[Episode needed]
- The contemporary plasma rifle appears to utilize some form of isotope either as a power source or as ammunition.
- It is possible that plasma weapons accelerate a bolt of superheated hydrogen plasma to high speed using magnetic induction technology such as the coilgun or the railgun. Although this is purely speculation it represents a scientifically plausible possibility.
- The Series 800 Terminator was vulnerable against plasma attacks, so in 2027, Skynet decided to harden the T-800 against plasma attacks.  This resulted in the creation of the Series 850 Terminator.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Terminator: Tempest
- ↑ T2: Infiltrator
- ↑ The Terminator
- ↑ However the HK-tanks in Terminator 2: Judgment Day do not exhibit this; most likely due to both weapon systems using two barrels, thus putting more strain on the vehicle's reactor.
- ↑ T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
- ↑ The Terminator: One Shot
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Plasma reactor - another application of the plasma technology
- Laser weaponry - another directed-energy weapon
- Terminator, The (1984) - Internet Movie Firearms Database
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Internet Movie Firearms Database
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - Internet Movie Firearms Database
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Internet Movie Firearms Database
- Terminator: Genisys - Internet Movie Firearms Database