Personal pistols, rifles, crew served weapons, and many varieties of vehicular mounted heavy weapons are operational throughout the battlefields of the Future War. With the advent of time travel corrupting the timeline with both knowledge of and even actual artifacts of future technologies the exact date of introduction of plasma weaponry is entirely uncertain.
- Westinghouse Model M-25 phased plasma rifle
- Westinghouse M-27 Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle
- General Dynamics RBS-80 Phased Plasma Pulse Gun
- Isotope weapon
- A HK-Tank mounted version of this weapon appeared to have the power to violently blow a human body into several charred pieces upon impact.
- Skynet's Central Core Installation at Cheyenne Mountain was defended from large scale rebel assaults by massive phased plasma cannons. 
- The T-X Terminator was the first design to successfully incorporate onboard weaponry into a Terminator or Infiltrator capable of deployment via Time Displacement Equipment. All previous temporal transport of advanced weaponry involved the use of willing or unwilling organic carriers, or simply utilizing future-tech knowledge on contemporary materials.
- The contemporary plasma rifle appears to utilize some form of isotope either as a power source or as ammunition.
- It is possible that plasma weapons accelerate a bolt of superheated hydrogen plasma to high speed using magnetic induction technology such as the coilgun or the railgun. Although this is purely speculation it represents a scientifically plausible possibility.
- The Terminator went to a gun shop in 1984 Los Angeles and requested a "...phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range", a weapon from his own time.
- The Series 800 Terminator was vulnerable against plasma attacks, so in 2027, Skynet decided to harden the T-800 against plasma attacks.  This resulted in the creation of the Series 850 Terminator.
- Dark Horse Comics
- Television series
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Terminator: Tempest
- ↑ T2: Infiltrator
- ↑ The Terminator
- ↑ However the HK-tanks in Terminator 2: Judgment Day do not exhibit this; most likely due to both weapon systems using two barrels, thus putting more strain on the vehicle's reactor.
- ↑ T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
- ↑ The Terminator: One Shot
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- ↑ During the Season 1 DVD Special Feature Creating the Chronicles: Reboot it is confirmed that the bank weapon is a plasma technology design.
- Plasma reactor - another application of the plasma technology