Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
"No Fate" redirects here. For the comic issue from Cybernetic Dawn, see No Fate (issue).
"There's no fate but what we make for ourselves" or simply "No Fate", is a famous line from the Terminator franchise.
- Kyle Reese told Sarah Connor that her son, John, had the messages for her, including "There is no fate".
- Sarah Connor carved "No fate" on the wood table outside Enrique Salceda's house before she went to assassinate Miles Dyson. John Connor told the T-800 that "The whole thing goes: The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."
- In the beginning of the film, John Connor's first line of his monologue is "The future has not been written. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
- After the surgery, John Connor's last line of his monologue is "There is no fate but what we make."
- John Connor gave Kyle Reese the message to Sarah Connor, which includes this line. Kyle did not pass it on this time however.
- Grace Harper told Dani Ramos that Dani taught people that "There is no fate but what we make for ourselves".
- Throughout the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Reese (in the Extreme Edition) and John make references to a message that Reese gave to Sarah in The Terminator; they constantly repeat "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves." However, that second sentence never appears in the first film, Though the line does appear in the script and was presumably shot and subsequently deleted from the first film.
- On the cover of Terminator: Revolution issue 4, there is Sarah Connor and her son, John, who is spraying "No Fate" graffiti on a wall.
- "No Fate" is the name of the final mission of Terminator: Resistance.
- John Connor: No fate... "No fate but what we make..."! My mother taught me this... I mean, I made him memorize it as a message to her... Never mind. Okay, the whole thing goes "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
- Terminator: She intends to change the future.
- John Connor: Yeah, I guess. (shouting) Oh, shit!
- Terminator: Dyson.
- John Connor: Yeah, It's gotta be... Miles Dyson. She's gonna blow him away!
- — Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- John Connor: (voiceover) The future has not been written. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. I wish I could believe that. My name is John Connor, they tried to murder me before I was born, when I was 13 they tried again. Machines from the future. Terminators. All my life my mother told me the storm was coming, Judgment Day, the beginning of the war between man and machines. Three billion lives would vanish in an instant, and I would lead what was left of the human race to ultimate victory. It hasn't happened, no bombs fell, computers didn't take control, we stopped Judgment Day. I should feel safe, but I don't, so I live off the grid - no phone, no address, no one and nothing can find me. I've erased all connections to the past, but as hard as I try I can't erase my dreams, my nightmares.
- — Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Grace: You taught us there is no fate but what we make for ourselves. Dani, you are not the mother of some man who saves the future. You are the future. That's why Legion wants you dead.
- — Terminator: Dark Fate