As a machine, a common Terminator is not capable of lying, or it can lie poorly, due to its design and programming. However, there are several models built as Infiltrators capable of lying, as this can be tactical and make them more efficient in infiltration. Units consisting Mimetic polyalloy, such as T-1000 and T-X, can impersonate a human and assume his or her identity.
Basic lies for InfiltrationEdit
- In The Terminator, the T-800 claimed it was a friend of Sarah Connor and demanded Sergeant Wright to let it visit Sarah.
- In Terminator 2: Judgment Day, The T-1000 assumed an identity as a police officer all along its mission.
- In Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Cromartie, a T-888 Infiltrator assumed an identity as a federal agent sometimes.
- In Terminator: Dark Fate, when passing through a metal detector, the Rev-9 claimed it had a metal hip as he was a veteran wounded in action when in Afghanistan.
Known Models capable of advanced LyingEdit
- T-850 from Rise of the Machines timeline
Upon countering Kate Brewster, the T-850 if she told it where John Connor was, it would let her go. After Kate gave it the answer, it just locked her up in the back of her clinic van since the T-850 had to secure her safety from the T-X.
- T-900 from The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline
- Main article: Cameron's Lie
- New Terminator from Salvation timeline
When Dr. Serena Kogan asked the New Terminators if the Machines tried to save humans from the Future War, the African Terminator replied with "They are necessary". She then asked if the world rebuilt by the machines was beautiful, the Female Terminator replied with a positive answer. However, Dr. Kogan told the Female Terminator "You lie almost as well as we (humans) do".
- In The Terminator: Death Valley issue 4, possibly due to a glitch caused by temporal shift, D810.X did not kill VanDirk, but it lied to D800.L that VanDirk had been terminated.
- In Salvation timeline, though not a Terminator, Skynet lied to Thomas Parnell that an interface error caused a group of Terminators attacked him after it failed to terminate Parnell.