A kill box is a tactic used to terminate a target, usually a Hunter-Killer, such as a Terminator. It requires participants to choose a location that gains them upper hands and set up plans, including a vantage point, traps, or an ambush point before luring the target or targets to step into the kill box.
Notable examples[edit | edit source]
- The Bedell Terminator was terminated by a kill box tactic set up by Derek Reese.
- Sarah Connor, John Connor, Cameron, Derek Reese, and James Ellison set up a kill box in a church to successfully terminate Cromartie.
- Sarah Connor, John Connor and his future counterpart set up a kill box in their hideout in Louisiana as a plan to destroy the T-Infinity.
- Sarah Connor and the Pops set up a kill box with a hydrochloric acid trap to successfully destroy the T-1000.
- Sarah Connor, Grace, Dani Ramos, and Carl were going to set up a kill box to destroy the Rev-9 with EMP devices before they were destroyed during a pursuit.
- Jessica Baron set up a kill box to destroy the T-850 that was sent to terminate Jacob Rivers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though the tactic has been seen in various Terminator fictions, the term "kill box" was not used until the 2019 film Terminator: Dark Fate.
- In weaponry, a Kill Box is a three-dimensional target area, defined to facilitate the integration of coordinated joint weapons fire.