Johnny, also known as "Kotex", was drinking outside with his friends, Mark and Rick, in the early morning hours of May 12, 1984, when a Terminator arrived from the future. As the naked Terminator approached the punks outside the Griffith Observatory and begins repeating what they say to him. Unaware of what the machine really was, Johnny surmised that he was "a couple cans short of a six-pack", but when the Terminator demanded their clothes, he reveals a switchblade and expressed his displeasure with the stranger. The Terminator then forcefully pushed Johnny away and into a gate, apparently killing him.
In the Genisys timeline, he avoids being attacked by the T-800 when another one arrives to engage the machine. Unlike his two friends, he is left staring at the stand off between the two machines for a while, until he decides to run away.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Johnny, or "Punk Leader" as credited, was played by the late Bill Paxton. James Cameron would later go on to hire Paxton in several of his other films, most notably the 1986 film Aliens, the 1994 action thriller True Lies (with Arnold Schwarzenegger) and 1997's Titanic.
- In the original script for The Terminator, it was Johnny who was killed by the T-800 with single punch instead of Rick.
- In Terminator Genisys, Johnny was played by John Edward Lee and he has black hair instead and has no car tire track tattoo on his face. In addition, his hairstyle is swapped with Mark.
- In the credits of Terminator Genisys, the Johnny is referred to as Punk #1.
- "Nice night for a walk, eh?"
- "I think this guy's a couple cans short of a six-pack".
- "Fuck you, asshole!"
- ↑ The Terminator (Frakes novel)
- ↑ He hit the railing and slumped but looked up in time to see Kotex catapulted backward by a second pile-driver blow. Then he flopped to the ground, unmoving. Broken, Mark knew. Dead., quoted from The Terminator (Frakes novel)
- ↑ Terminator Script at IMSDb.