- Main article: John Connor/T2
However, in 1998, when John and Sarah were at a bar in Guatemala, one of the remaining T-800s sent back from the future successfully found him and Sarah and terminated him, much to Sarah's horror. This would traumatize her for the rest of her life. She would then go on and destroy any further machines Skynet had sent through time before its erasure in 1995.
Sarah would eventually come face to face with Carl again in Texas in 2020. Since having completed its only mission, Carl integrated into society. Carl's contact with humans enabled it to "grow" the equivalent of a human conscience. Believing that it would give Sarah purpose after the loss of John, Carl began texting Sarah the co-ordinates of other Terminator units that had arrived from the future, ending each text with the words "For John".
Behind the Scenes Edit
- John Connor is played by Jude Collie and voiced by Aaron Kunitz with a CGI likeness of Edward Furlong placed overtop Collie's body. Furlong himself had a day of filming his facial performance capture.
- After the movie's release, Furlong stated in an interview "I shot for one day. It kinda bums me out. 'Cause I'd love to do a whole one. I would love to do more, but we'll see what happens."
- Although the opening scene of Terminator: Dark Fate takes place in 1998, John does not seem to have aged nearly as much as he should have, as he still looks the same as he did in 1995 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- Originally, the opening scene was longer, featuring dialogue between Sarah and John. This was ultimately cut from the final film as Cameron and Miller believed that the visual effects did not hold up well when the characters spoke.
- Many fans and critics expressed disappointment and/or anger over the decision to kill off John Connor in the opening scene, citing it as undermining the victory John and Sarah achieved at the end of Terminator 2: Judgment Day when they destroyed Skynet.
- ↑ Terminator star responds to Dark Fate John Connor twist
- ↑ It Was James Cameron's Idea to Kill THAT Terminator Character in Dark Fate - IGN
- ↑ Tim Miller on TERMINATOR: DARK FATE - YouTube
- ↑ Terminator: Dark Fate controversy - angry fans have missed the point - Digital Spy
- ↑ Terminator: Dark Fate review: The satisfyingly solid sixth installment in the long-running sci-fi franchise picks up where the second film left off. - The Washington Post