Most Terminators seem to have the ability to perform vocal impersonations. Terminators utilizing mimetic polyalloy, such as T-1000, T-1001, T-XA and T-X, are able to impersonate both the voice and the appearance of other humans.
Vocal impersonations have been used from the first to fifth Terminator films and the TV series:
- The T-800 did a vocal impersonation of Sarah Connor's mom while talking to Sarah. While doing the impersonation, the T-800 was able to convince Sarah to give her the phone number of the Tiki Motel.
- The T-800 did a vocal impersonation of Nick Delaney over the radio while pursuing Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese.
- The T-800 did a vocal impersonation of John Connor while talking on the phone to the T-1000, who was simultaneously impersonating Janelle Voight.
- A Specialist is capable of voice mimicking.
- Cromartie used Sarah Connor's vocal impersonations on the phone.
- Cameron used John Connor's vocal impersonations to fool Cromartie, and Riley Dawson's to fool her foster father.
- The T-RIP impersonated Kyle Reese's voice in order to draw out John Connor.
- The T-3000 does a vocal impersonation of the guard he just stabbed to cancel a security shutdown at Cyberdyne Systems.
- Impersonation is a short-term tactic; this differs from the long-term strategy where a Terminator replaces a human for long periods of time.
- Guardian states that "As a T-800, I lack the mimetic skills to appear as anyone else." This means that while the T-800 can interface with mimetic polyalloy, changing the outer appearance to something other than its Model is too complex for its CPU.
| Infiltration Outer Sheath|