The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
"Come with me if you want to live." is a widely known catchphrase from the Terminator franchise.
Usages[edit | edit source]
- When Kyle Reese gunned down the T-800 with a shotgun at the Tech-Noir club, he said "Come with me if you want to live." to Sarah Connor as the T-800 was rising. Sarah followed him and the two ran out into an alley while the Terminator was chasing them.
- The T-800 and John Connor went to Pescadero State Hospital to help Sarah Connor escape. The two went up an elevator and Sarah sees the T-800 coming out of the elevator and runs. She is eventually held by the hospital staff, but the T-800 subdues them effortlessly. He then reached its hand toward her and said "Come with me if you want to live." She took its hand and ran with them from the T-1000.
- When rescuing Kyle Reese, John Connor came out of the smoke and said "Come with me if you want to live".
- After traveling through the time portal and shooting the T-1000, The Terminator looked at John Connor and said "Come with me if you want to live." right before leaving through the time portal with him to the future.
- When the base was under attack by Skynet's forces, T-850 said "Come with me if you want to live" to Kate Connor.
- After saving John Connor, Uncle Bob said "Come with me if you want to live" to John.
- After saving his younger self, John Connor was originally going to say "Come with me if you want to live". However, he said "Come with me if — No, never mind" instead.
- After running over Cromartie with a Dodge truck, saving John Connor, Cameron Philips says "Come with me if you wanna live." and John gets in the car.
- After waking up in a hospital, Sarah Connor saw Kyle's image, giving her his hand and saying, "Come with me if you wanna live".
- When Marcus Wright is being attacked by a T-600, Kyle Reese came out and knocked him to the ground, saving him from the T-600's shots before saying "Come with me if you want to live". He then ran off, with Marcus following him.
- After saving Kyle Reese from the T-1000 by running over him, Sarah says "Come with me if you want to live" to Kyle.
- Pops module in Terminator Genisys: Revolution sometimes says the line after a stage is completed.
- The T-800 told Sarah Connor "Come with me if you want to live." while pointing the pistol at her, asking Sarah to take it to the Mount St. Hilary in Oregon.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- After the T-850 shot the T-X with a rocket launcher while pursuing Kate Brewster, John Connor opened the door to the car he and the T-850 were in. He said "Get in! D'you wanna live?! Come on!" and she ran in and they drove off.
- After Grace Harper shot the Rev-9 multiple times with a shotgun, she said to Dani Ramos "You come with me or you're dead in the next 30 seconds. Come on!" while the Terminator repaired itself and they fled.
- A variation was used by Jacob Rivers when sending a radio transmission to his past self at the beginning of the game, "Listen to me if you want to live."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kyle Reese says this line twice on screen: in The Terminator and again in Terminator Salvation. He also says a variation of the line in Sarah's dream in "The Good Wound".
- Kyle Reese, John Connor, and Sarah Connor said and heard the line.
- Sarah Connor has heard this line three times on screen: in The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
In popular culture[edit | edit source]
The line is often referenced in pop culture.
Movies[edit | edit source]
- Casper: the titular ghost says it complete with Arnold Schwarzenegger impression when he turns himself into a superhero version of himself.
- Finding Nemo: when Marlin and Dory attempt to escape from a group of seagulls who try to eat them: "Hop inside my mouth if you want to live".
- The Lego Movie: used but slightly changed; when Wyldstyle rescues Emmet from the police station, she tells him, 'Come with me if you want to not die."
TV series[edit | edit source]
- Chuck, Season 4, Episode 10: Linda Hamilton as Chuck's mother says once "Come with me if you want to live".
- Community, Season 1, Episode 23: Danny Pudi (playing Abed Nadir) says, "Come with me if you don't want paint on your clothes" during his school's paintball war.
- Defiance, Season 3, Episode 3: Linda Hamilton (playing Pilar McCawley) said "Come with me if you want to live" to character Jonathan Nolan (Grant Bowler).
- Eureka, Season 4, Episode 6: When the group is trying to get away from Tiny in the woods, Douglas Fargo drives up to Sheriff Jack Carter and says "Come with me if you want to live." at about the 34:34 mark.
- How I Met Your Mother: Barney Stinson also used the line "Come with me if you want to bang" at the end credits.
- Supernatural, Season 12, Episode 13: Dagon (played by Ali Ahn) said "Come with me if you want to live" to Kelly Kline (played by Courtney Ford), who is pregnant of Lucifer's child and was being pursued by angels wanting to terminate her.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Season 6, Episode 1: the line is again referenced by a robot.
Games[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.