The AMT Hardballer is a short recoil operated, locked breech, semi-automatic pistol chambered for .45 ACP ammunition manufactured by Arcadia Machine & Tool.
The Terminator acquired a number of firearms, including the AMT Hardballer .45 longslide variant equipped with a laser sight, while robbing a pawnshop clerk. The Terminator then used the .45 long slide to kill the wrong Sarah Connor, a second woman with a very similar name and later the real Sarah's roommate Ginger.
The Terminator almost killed Sarah Connor with the weapon before Kyle Reese shot it five times with a shotgun which sent the Terminator flying through the air. The Terminator did not bother to look for the weapon, instead using its Uzi against Kyle, and continued to track down Sarah Connor afterwards.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesEdit
A T-888, whose mission was to terminate Martin Bedell, used the .45 Long slide with laser sighting in the year 2007. The T-888 attempted to assassinate Marty Bedell, firing several shots through his front door before kicking it down.
- The Long Slide is also featured prominently in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 promotional material, specifically posters and a DVD cover featuring Cameron. It has apparently earned its fame as the "Terminator Gun".
- The actual weapon used in the filming of The Terminator was made available to the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles crew and used by the Bedell Terminator in the episode "Goodbye to All That".
- Though the official make and model of the gun isn't named in the film, it is an AMT Hardballer .45 Longslide.
- In the novelization of the first film, the 45. Longslide with laser sighting is a Colt pistol instead of an AMT Hardballer.
- Television series
- Terminator: The 45 long slide with laser sighting.
- Pawnshop Clerk: These are brand new, we just got 'em in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on, and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. You can't miss.
- The Terminator