On 11 July 2029, the North American Resistance launched an all-out assault on Skynet's defense grid and mainframe at SAC-NORAD in Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado. The operation was successful and the computer mainframes were taken over.
At the same time, John Connor led an assault on a contested Skynet stronghold featuring a laboratory complex in Westside, Los Angeles. Inside there is a Time Displacement Equipment, where Skynet had been conducting temporal experiments. The machine had already been used since Skynet decided to terminate John Connor in the past. Before its destruction, Skynet sent a T-800 Terminator back to May 12, 1984, to kill John Connor's mother, Sarah Connor, prior to his birth. To counter Skynet's attempts, Kyle Reese volunteered to travel to 1984 to save Sarah Connor, while John had a T-800 Terminator reprogrammed and sent it to 1995 to protect his younger self. 
- Main article: Terminator: Resistance
Sergeant Jacob Rivers managed to locate the Skynet Core with help from his future self from the previous timeline. With the coordinates of the Skynet Core, the Resistance was able to destroy Skynet and shut down its force, ending the War against the Machines.
Dark Years timeline
A Resistance unit destroyed Skynet's vital data control tower.
- Main article: The Terminator: Tempest
After Skynet was destroyed, the many machine-run complexes around the world continued to fight humans due to their programming.
Six months after the capture of the prototype TDE and destruction of the primary code of Skynet by John, a Resistance cell under the command of Colonel Mary Randall, with backup from Captain Emmer and his team, assaulted a Skynet complex that houses a fully functional Temporal Displacement Chamber. Colonel Randall lead a team of 5 soldiers travel to 1990 via TDE in order to kill key figures in the Cyberdyne Systems hierarchy. To stop the Resistance team, Skynet sent four units: C890.L, C850.D, HC875.S, along with I825.M after Randall's cell.
2029 to 1984 timeline
- Main article: The Terminator: 2029 (comic)
In 2029 to 1984 timeline, Old man Reese was rescued by Kyle Reese. Old man Reese asked Ben to save Kyle, but Ben refused and did not believed his words until seeing Paige’s scar on her arm. However, Ben later decided to go back to 1984 to save Kyle (New timeline) after Paige was brutally killed by an Infiltrator.
Nuclear Twilight timeline
- Main article: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Nuclear Twilight
T2 Trilogy timeline
- Main article: T2: The Future War
At a certain point, the Resistance launched Operation Chrono against Skynet and it was successful as the Resistance was able to capture its headquarters at Cheyenne Mountain as well as the Time Displacement Equipment in 2029.
However, Skynet had sent a T-800 and T-1000 to 1984 and 1995 to kill Sarah Connor and a 10-year-old John Connor respectively. Kyle Reese travelled to 1984 to protect the young Sarah Connor, while John Connor ordered Snog to reprogram a captured T-800 and send it back to protect his younger self in 1995.
Skynet's World timeline
- Main article: Skynet's World
- John had sought out Kyle Reese as an aide.
- John launch the final attack against Skynet at its Rocky Mountain stronghold.
- Skynet sent a T-800 and a T-1000 to 1984 and 1994 to kill Sarah Connor and John Connor, respectively.
- The Resistance found the Time Displacement Chamber. Reese immediately volunteered to traveled back to 1984, while John sent a T-800 to 1994. Additionally, John sent a Eve back to April, 1984.
- Young John, Sarah, Jade, Anton, and Eve arrived in 2029 from John's World.
- General Conor led a group of nine to Madrid, Spain and successfully destroyed a surviving Skynet there.
- The human survivors realised there would be still clean-up to do, with independent Terminators and Hunter-Killers continuing to act out their mission instructions to kill humans before humanity would rebuild the entire world
- Jade and Anton had decided they must travel back to their own timeline — Jade's World — to stop Skynet there. Young John and Sarah decided to go with them.
- After the destruction of Skynet, human warlords rose up again and battles between human groups resume, just as it had been after Judgment Day and before John Connor united them into Resistance. Some resistance cells had held back supplies and munitions for the eventuality of Skynet's defeat, to turn against their own fellow humans in a grab for power.
- The Tejada estancia was about to fall to a combined force of two warlord armies and was desperately begging for help from General Connor's North American forces.
- Cecilia Tejada was sent to the estancia in Argentina via the space-displacement teleportation capabilities of the time vault in Colorado along with three T-799 and three T-800 Terminators. The group made relatively short work of the warlord armies in the region.
- Anton was killed in an operation to destroy a nest of aerial HKs in the post-Skynet clean-up efforts in Virginia.
Kyla's World timeline
- Main article: Rise of the Machines timeline (novel)
- Kyle Reese and the T-800, reprogrammed by the Resistance chief programmer Daniel Avila, were sent back to 1984 and 1994 via Continuum Transporter to protect Sarah Connor and young John Connor respectively.
- T-1000 was discontinued.
- Skynet had developed T-X and sent a unit back to 2004.
- John Connor and Kate Brewster lead a team to Cyber Research Systems Main Facility to activate a T-850 and sent it to the year 2004 via Continuum Transporter.
- A mental time travel happened to Daniel Avila, making his mind connected with his younger self in 2004.
- Paul Keeley was captured by Skynet force in order to have him train Eliza, a T-X Terminatrix, to perform a more efficient infiltration in pre-Judgment Day mission.
- Main article: Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle
In Salvation timeline, John Connor lead an assault to Skynet's base in Colorado during 2029. Before the Resistance captured the Time Door, two Terminators were sent to the past to terminate John Connor. John Connor ordered Kyle Reese to travel to the past, then he captured a T-800 Infiltrator and had it reprogrammed and sent back to the past.
To counter the Resistance, Skynet woke Thomas Parnell, a serial killer now in a Terminator Ultra-5000 as a Hybrid, to have him help with the War. However, Parnell went loose and attempted to take over Skynet. With Dr. Serena Kogan's suggestion, Skynet woke up Marcus Wright as a messenger to ask John Connor's help.
Together, John Connor and Skynet sent Simon back to Texas in 2003 with a mission to terminate Parnell in the past. However, Parnell reprogrammed three New Terminators with his agenda as additional mission to protect his past self and had them sent to 2003 as well.
Eventually, Parnell was killed by John Connor, whose consciousness was housed in a customized Endoskeleton as an alternative approach to terminate Parnell. John then proposed a truce and reason with Skynet and both accept to end the War. Skynet then helped humans to rebuild the world.
- Main article: Terminator Genisys (film)
In Genisys timeline, Skynet Core in Colorado was destroyed. However, it managed to sent a T-800 to 1984 via Time Displacement Equipment in a facility disguised as a Skynet Work Camp in the ruins of LAX in Los Angeles to assassinate Sarah Connor. Kyle Reese volunteered to travel back to 1984 to save Sarah Connor.
However, while Kyle Reese was on the Time Displacement Equipment, Alex, turned out to be Skynet itself, attacked John Connor, engineering a machine-phase matter mutation that turns him into a T-3000 Terminator. This triggered changes in the timeline and gave Kyle memories of this new chronology.
Judgment Day timeline
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Frakes novel)
- The location of Skynet defense grid is Specified as in Colorado — where the real HQ for NORAD is located — in a deleted scene for Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- The Terminator
- Hope Of The Future - Terminator 2 omitted scenes - Extended future war - Time-displacement complex
- "Suicide Mission"
- Featured in Terminator 2: Judgment Day "Ultimate" edition DVD as an Easter egg bonus feature makes use of this date to unlock the alternate ending of the film.
|<< 2029 >>|
|Timelines & Theories|
|The Terminator||Alpha timeline - Original Timeline - The Terminator - Tempest - Dark Years - 2029 to 1984 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day|
|Terminator 2: Judgment Day||Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Cybernetic Dawn - T2 Trilogy - The New John Connor Chronicles (Skynet's World / Jade's World / John's World) - The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Rise of the Machines - Dark Fate|
|Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines||Rise of the Machines - Kyla's World - T2 Saga - Terminator Salvation|
|Stand-alone||The Terminator: Future Shock - Terminator Genisys|
|Judgment Day||1995 - 1997 - 2003 - 2004 - 2011 - 2017 - 2021|
|Years||1984 - 1995 - 2004 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2015 - 2018 - 2020 - |
2027 - 2029 - 2031 - 2032 - 2036 - 2042