- Skynet went online after the Skynet funding bill was passed.
- Human decisions were removed from strategic defense.
- Skynet began to learn at a geometric rate.
- Skynet became self-aware at 2:14 AM Eastern Time.
- The shut-down of Skynet failed. It launched nuclear missiles against targets in Russia.
- The Russians struck back, which began a global nuclear war. Three billion humans died.
- Main article: Dark Futures
- Eve arrived in the Colorado Mountains and managed to penetrate the Advanced Defense Systems Complex on August 28.
- Eve manipulated Skynet to formulate the plan to fire nuclear missiles at Russia and China, anticipating the counter-attack.
- Judgment Day happened.
Alternate Future of Judgment Day timeline
Due to the destruction of Cyberdyne Building in 1995, Judgment Day never happened. August 29, 1997 was just a normal day. Sarah Connor was going to go on the street and celebrate, but she got drunk instead.
Rise of the Machines timeline
- Sarah Connor and her son John lived in Mexico.
- Some time after 29 August, Sarah died from leukemia after battling the disease for three years. John hit the road without knowing what would happen to his mother's body or where she would be buried after she died.
- Sarah's body was cremated in Mexico and her friends scatterred her ashes into the sea.
- In accordance with Sarah's will, her friends stored weapons in a coffin at the Greenlawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, pretending that it was Sarah's last resting place.
Judgment Day happened on 29 August 1997 as predicted. However, due to the Attempted Assassination of Young Sarah Connor, the timeline was changed as the T-800 that arrived in 1984 was completely destroyed, without leaving any wreckage, by Pops. Hence, Cyberdyne Systems was never able to retrieve the T-800 Terminator's CPU chip and its wreckage to create Neural Net CPU via reverse engineering. As a result, 1997 was a normal year and Skynet did not come online until 2017, twenty years later, as Genisys.
- In The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline, events in Terminator 2: Judgment Day happened in 1997 instead of 1995.
- According to the T-800 in the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- Sarah says: "Three billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day." in the opening of the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- T-800 says: "It (Skynet) becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. eastern time, August 29th." in the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- Alternative ending of Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Per dialog in "The Demon Hand" stating that Sarah escaped from Pescadero on June 8.
- John Henry stated that "Miles Dyson died in 1997 in an explosion at Cyberdyne Systems."
|<< 1997 >>|
|Timelines & Theories|
|The Terminator||Alpha timeline - Original Timeline - The Terminator - Tempest - Dark Years - 2029 to 1984 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day|
|Terminator 2: Judgment Day||Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Cybernetic Dawn - T2 Trilogy - The New John Connor Chronicles (Skynet's World / Jade's World / John's World) - The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Rise of the Machines - Dark Fate|
|Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines||Rise of the Machines - Kyla's World - T2 Saga - Terminator Salvation|
|Stand-alone||The Terminator: Future Shock - Terminator Genisys|
|Judgment Day||1995 - 1997 - 2003 - 2004 - 2011 - 2017 - 2021|
|Years||1984 - 1995 - 2004 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2015 - 2018 - 2020 - |
2027 - 2029 - 2031 - 2032 - 2036 - 2042